Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2012, 11:34 PM

1 posts, read 1,263 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for someone to come in my house with me and help me clean it. Like a motivator or cleaning coach to stay with me and get me through the hard parts. It's far past the point of someone cleaning it for me. It wouldn't be appropriate. But it's not at the level of someone calling the city on me and ending up on a TV show either.

We're not talking reality show level mess here, just too much mess to hand over to someone else and leave the house. Are there professionals who will coach and motivate me through this who are willing to get their hands dirty too? I have a friend who is a professional organizer. But I don't need organizing. Not yet. I need cleaning help. Like, dust, dirt, mopping, getting behind things, under things, transferring stuff between rooms, kitchen cabinets, bathroom cabinets, laundry, goodwill, and just getting all it handled over the course of one or two days. Then we can talk about organizing. But right now it's gotten to be too much for me. I'm learning when to ask for help.

Google searches are just turning up Molly Maids and places like that. I know professional cleaning folks don't want you in the house while they're there, you just get in the way. This isn't a job for Molly Maids. Once I get my place under control, I could use their services to keep it clean. But right now I'm looking for something different than what those services offer.

Does anyone know anybody who does this in the Austin area? A cleaning coach, or cleaning motivator? Again, we're not talking trainwreck psychiatric help here. More like a friend who gets you through the grueling weekend of cleaning up your mess because you've had a bad few weeks.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2012, 07:12 AM

7,228 posts, read 16,101,771 times
Well, you could search for someone who does errands etc. Our neighborhood has one, sort of a personal assistant for the household.

Could you ask a friend? Even just set a goal with someone -- like on this day I will take X number of items to Goodwill and throw away X number of bags of garbage. Knowing that someone will follow up and ensure that you did it might help.

Do you know about the Flylady? She really works for some people, she has a great system and starts with baby steps. Google and give her emails and program a try.

Once you declutter, then call a maid service. I am always in the home when mine is cleaned. There are definitely both individuals and services (try Maid Pro) who would work with you to do a deep clean.

good luck!

Old 03-17-2012, 07:22 AM

20,958 posts, read 45,400,512 times
This is an interesting idea! A friend and I used to do this for each other, every other Friday (we'd both do one's house on Friday, the other's the next, rotating), and it worked wonders. But I've never heard of someone doing it professionally. What a great idea for a business!

Old 03-17-2012, 06:43 PM

4,760 posts, read 13,826,111 times
Hire someone from Task Rabbit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of: