Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2012, 01:00 AM

13 posts, read 24,002 times

Advertisements

Im in Austin visiting currently.. Is it just me or is there a ton of pizza places here? It seems I've seen a lot and had no idea that Austin was so big on pizza. Locals- What's your favorite?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2012, 06:55 AM

8,977 posts, read 17,555,108 times
We noticed the same thing 4 years ago when we arrived. We figured there was some local code requiring a pizza place, mattress store and a GoodWill in darned near every shopping strip along 183.

Can't say I have a local favorite. I'm not a huge pizza eater and three of the local 'outlets' were very disappointing when we first arrived.

HOWEVER, for the New York style lovers, Avery Ranch is getting a 'New York Style' pizza place this fall. True to form, it will be the FOURTH pizza location within 2-3 minutes along Parmer Ln.

Old 07-07-2012, 08:33 AM

7,742 posts, read 15,130,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RachlGee View Post
Im in Austin visiting currently.. Is it just me or is there a ton of pizza places here? It seems I've seen a lot and had no idea that Austin was so big on pizza. Locals- What's your favorite?
bad pizza maybe

probably because of all the students

Old 07-07-2012, 09:22 AM

625 posts, read 1,134,066 times
Multiple discussions already exist on the Austin board, when you search 'pizza'

//www.city-data.com/forum/austi...ce-austin.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/austi...est-pizza.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/austi...za-austin.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/austi...recommend.html

...and that's not a definitive list when you search forums, choosing "show threads"

Old 07-07-2012, 09:34 AM

2,007 posts, read 2,905,041 times
Home slice, house pizza on airport

Old 07-07-2012, 09:56 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,867,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayfair44 View Post
Multiple discussions already exist on the Austin board, when you search 'pizza'

//www.city-data.com/forum/austi...ce-austin.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/austi...za-austin.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/austi...recommend.html

...and that's not a definitive list when you search forums, choosing "show threads"
But the problem with those old threads is that they can become out of date. You could be reading and considering posts that are years old, without realizing many of those places could be gone by now.

The only solution I see is to create a new thread once in a while. But that's just my humble opinion.

Old 07-07-2012, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
But the problem with those old threads is that they can become out of date. You could be reading and considering posts that are years old, without realizing many of those places could be gone by now.

The only solution I see is to create a new thread once in a while. But that's just my humble opinion.
Agreed. Nothing wrong with starting a new one. However, OP might be looking for some quick ideas on where to go asap, without waiting for yet another pizza thread to develop.

The spring of 2012 isn't too old, is it?

Old 07-07-2012, 10:28 AM

12,969 posts, read 28,439,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post

Actually, this got discussed to a fare-thee-well only a couple of months ago at:

IMHO, I think that sometimes the best solution, rather than to re-chew old cud, is just to wake up the existing thread.

Old 07-07-2012, 11:02 AM

13 posts, read 24,002 times
Sorry to upset those who seem tired of the subject. I have been keeping up with recent threads and hadn't seen any so thought I'd ask.. Asking only shows I value the local standards of your city.

Old 07-07-2012, 11:40 AM

No worries. That's what we're here for!

Salvation on 34th gets mine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin