Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2013, 01:59 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,997,649 times

Advertisements

Last fall, I read about a boycott of this road because there is no system to bill out of staters or foreign nationals. Shortfalls from these non-payments would be reimbursed by state of Texas, ie, a sweetheart deal. Do any of you know any out of staters or foreign nationals who have taken advantage of this "freebie" without consequences?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2013, 02:26 PM

16,787 posts, read 49,058,726 times
I have not heard about any serious boycott, people take it if they think it benefits them, otherwise they don't. I do however doubt there is any effective way to bill anyone who does not live in the state. But the numbers are probably pretty insignificant.

Old 04-20-2013, 02:35 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,838,702 times
Not even too sure it a large rpobelm worth investing in the enforcemnt of really. Aterall large trucks and other commercial wil pa the fine if sent ebcause tis also does not make sense not to.I mean there is also the same issue in traffic tcikets given and parking to out of staters.

Old 04-20-2013, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptnRn View Post
I have not heard about any serious boycott, people take it if they think it benefits them, otherwise they don't. I do however doubt there is any effective way to bill anyone who does not live in the state. But the numbers are probably pretty insignificant.
The boycott was announced on conservative talk show radio in San Antonio. I doubt that Texas sheeple would pay any heed to it. With all of the out of staters and foreign nationals here, there has to be some freebie going on.

Old 04-20-2013, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Not even too sure it a large rpobelm worth investing in the enforcemnt of really. Aterall large trucks and other commercial wil pa the fine if sent ebcause tis also does not make sense not to.I mean there is also the same issue in traffic tcikets given and parking to out of staters.
Agreed. I had plenty of those calif parking tickets when I had Texas plates. As I recall, some of them sent notices to my Texas address, but ONLy the parking ticket nazi city of west Hollywood gave it to a collection agency to hassle me and put it on my credit report. Calif had no power to enforce the parking ticket violations if I wasn't re-registering my calif plates.

Old 04-20-2013, 05:30 PM

597 posts, read 1,317,062 times
I hope the state buys the road if the holding company goes into bankruptcy. Make it free or near free and you might actually help with 35 traffic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin