Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 03:11 PM

242 posts, read 827,651 times

Advertisements

I read in the Family circuit magazine....This was a great area for families....anyone have any info?...Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2007, 03:14 PM

2,392 posts, read 9,657,194 times
What type of info are you looking for? There are several of us that live in the area.

Old 11-08-2007, 04:57 PM

Well the area....is it a small town or a bigger city??...school systems??...How far from austin??...anything to do??...Is it like the mag said "a great place to raise a fam??....things along these lines?

Old 11-08-2007, 05:39 PM

I just moved up here from San Antonio in June due to job relocation for my spouse but so far so good. Cedar Park is a suburb of Austin and its one that you can't tell where Austin Ends and CP starts unless you read the sign. We have two boys 4 and 7.5 and I have been very very happy with the public schools here (Leander ISD...Leander is the name of the town next to CP and the whole school system is named Leander) very proactive in address problems of all types from the amazing growth to student services. My older has adhd and they have been great in dealing with that and help him and I know several other families very pleased also. CP has a lot going for it. Its got the big box stores and a mall that has Macy;s and Sears..Dillards. We have got the all american family friendly walmart and target if you want those also. Costco and Sams are about 15 mins down the freeway. Several different type of movie places around. Mom and pop pleaces to eat and hear music. Downtown is about 30 min drive with no traffic but to tell you the truth the few times that the husband and I have gone out no need to go all the way downtown. The Lakes are nearby, 10 min drive to a fishing hole and my husband thinks of himself as a fisherman now LOL. He is not the outdoor type! Wants a boat now and everything. Downside..hmm I am used to being able to jump on a highway and get somewhere and here beside the toll roads I have a drive to get to the freeway not bad just extra time needed. Also most employers are located elsewhere in the Austin metro area so you may have to drive to get to one. Most major ones that is. Forgot to say that there are lots of parks and sports are very big here, not just football but soccer also and hiking,watersports with all the lakes around so far pretty fun.

Last edited by neddy; 11-08-2007 at 05:40 PM.. Reason: added

Old 11-08-2007, 06:40 PM

Wow thank you so much for the feedback! SOunds great! I am from so cal, I am currently living in VA going to school. And all the outdorsiii things is what I am deff looking forward to. Not much of that stuff in So cal. So I am excited about the move, ready for the different lifestyle change. Also, are there alot of home on the market??...what do they go for?? Thanks again

Old 11-08-2007, 07:24 PM

You can find many different prices on homes here from about the $120s on up something that over looks the lake for a mil or more.

Old 11-09-2007, 03:02 PM

115 posts, read 492,930 times
Cedar Park is sounding more and more like the place I will choose to buy. I am coming from San Diego and I have a son who will be a sophomore in high school next year. I've perused the high school sites, but can anyone give any personal feedback on the schools. My son is also an athlete, but I'm leery of how he will be treated as a newcomer. He plays football, basketball, and baseball and dabbles in tennis. I want to buy a house for $150,000 or below if possible. I've seen quite a few in the MLS listings. I don't mind having to drive to work. I drive alot in San Diego. Well, any info that anyone can give me would be great!

Old 11-09-2007, 03:21 PM

I have not met anyone with kids in high schools in the LISD but I have heard that there are good. I don't think your son will have a hard time with anything. There are so many newcomers I don't see a problem. We have had no problem and we are newcomers to the area but not to Texas and everyone here seems pretty much the same as the place we left.

Old 11-09-2007, 03:47 PM

1,035 posts, read 4,468,141 times
Leander ISD high schools are great! Cedar Park High School and Vista Ridge HS are located in Cedar Park and Leander HS is in Leander (although the attendance zones are more complicated than that). Your son could get on the website Leander Independent School District and go to the "school" menu--each school will have its own website. All 3 schools are good, but they all have a distinct character. (I have a 16 yr old that just transferred from one to another.) If you want more specific info, feel free to DM me--I've had/have kids at 2 of the 3 schools and my kids have friends at the 3rd.

Old 11-09-2007, 07:49 PM

Yes and i have heard from many people they say this is a really good school district
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin