Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2013, 07:17 AM

3,981 posts, read 6,737,895 times

Advertisements

So this is near Hill's Cafe? If so there is at least one good thing within walking distance.

This development is also good news for the embattled Bel Air development and should stabilize condo prices in that area. Given the already existing condos south of Stassney, "LoCo" is looking to be the high density corridor in 78745. Seeing that Manchaca Rd and S. First are mostly built out with single family homes that have been escalating in value and all of the old retail and industrial prevalent on S. Congress this makes sense. Looking far into the future S. Congress could have apartments and condos going all the way down to Slaughter Ln. and be a very busy road and a good candidate for major transit investment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2013, 09:22 AM

170 posts, read 299,270 times
these new apartments will indeed be very close to hill's cafe. there's a couple of car lots, a pawn shop, a taqueria, and a small strip mall in between. i'll be interested to see how they incorporate williamson creek into the plan. i've tried to hike down there as it's supposed to stretch all the way from s. congress to manchaca which should provide a much needed walking trail for this neighborhood. i ran into areas that are so overgrown it's almost impossible to pass. but the biggest hurdle i encountered is a quite large "permanent looking" homeless encampment. they even have electric lines run in from somewhere. i guess these folks will have to move a little farther south pretty soon. please don't interpret this as my being insensitive to the poverty problems overwhelming this city. i guess it's more of a "nimby" for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of: