Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2014, 05:32 PM

8 posts, read 19,477 times

Advertisements

My wife and I just put a contract on a house on Nicole Ln in the Reserve at Westcreek neighborhood in pflugerville. We purchased a lot in a cul de sac that is also next to (what is now) an open field. We were told that the field would be turned into a park w/ Frisbee golf and walking paths. Does anyone on here know any details about this or when it might be built?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2014, 05:48 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Check with Pflugerville city hall.
If that's the plan then it's on file with city hall.

Pflugerville Texas Official Website

Old 02-10-2014, 08:01 PM

8,977 posts, read 17,552,407 times
Just did a bike ride out there yesterday...windy as all heck!!! Hope those Frisbee golfers allow for windage Interesting little 'annex' to the development...great access to the Cele Country Store!

Wow...three tries to download the PDF of the city limits...bleh...can't tell if you are in the city limits...doesn't look like it unless they did some creative stuff.

I'd be a tiny bit surprised if that would be a city park tucked in there. Don't believe anything the developer or sales person says about 'amenities' or improvements until you can touch them.

Old 02-10-2014, 09:58 PM

13,448 posts, read 15,481,027 times
I'm with coach...builders/developers will say just about anything. Case in point -- the builder supposedly told people in our subdivision that there was going to be a pool and several other amenities. Nothing ever happened. We managed to finagle a "park" out of them, but that was twisting teeth and they put it in a bad location. Our HOA on its own attempted to purchase a lot to build a pool, but that fizzled faster than a balloon losing air for several reasons -- 1. no one wanted the pool next to their house, 2. building a pool from ground up would be $$$$, never mind the 40K for the lot, 3. a pool was never in the master plan. So there you go! (Not saying that will happen with you, just don't hold your breath. At least you won't be getting something undesirable build on that field )

Old 02-11-2014, 07:59 AM

thanks for all your replies. I really hope it comes to pass - it would make our home value rise a little bit and be nice for the kids!

Old 02-11-2014, 08:13 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Yes the City of Pflugerville owns that land. It was given to them way back in 2005 during the dealings with Eagle Point.
That was formerly a manufactured home site with single wides. The developer went bankrupt and something to do with a water line and easement allowed it to become part of the ETJ. Local developer bought them all out and paid for them to move their homes.

About 3/4 down the page..
Pflugerville Texas Official Website

Old 02-17-2014, 07:24 AM

thank you for all your input. I ended up calling the HOA and they said they have plans but have no idea what they'll finally end up being or when they'll actually happen. Apparently they hired a company to do some heavy landscaping and make the area look significantly better but they didnt do what they promised and now they're trying to find a new company to trust.

Old 03-17-2014, 11:27 AM

1 posts, read 3,105 times
I haven't heard anything about them adding ammenities to the second part of the Reserve Of Westcreek. It would be nice if our phase had its own pool and at least a walking trail or something. I close on my house on Orts Ln at the end of March. I do know that speaking with my sales agent that they are going to knock down the outside part of my fence and put up some sort of rock wall along side Ciele Lane and run it all the way up towards Nicole. All of this is going to be very interesting to see since this second phase is filling up fast!

Hello neighbors of "RoW"

Old 03-28-2014, 08:55 AM

6 posts, read 11,981 times
Hi, I'm considering buying in this neighborhood. What are the pluses and minuses about it? From the street view, it looks pretty nice, and I like that it has a pool. Thanks.

Old 03-28-2014, 09:06 AM

13,448 posts, read 15,481,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austin127 View Post
Hi, I'm considering buying in this neighborhood. What are the pluses and minuses about it? From the street view, it looks pretty nice, and I like that it has a pool. Thanks.
I can't speak about the actual neighborhood, but that entire area (North and Northeast Pflugerville) is very nice and one of the fastest growing. The school track is pretty good, too and shopping is very close.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of: