Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2015, 02:30 PM

3 posts, read 3,248 times

Advertisements

My apologies for using "the" instead of "FM". I really hit a nerve with that one, apparently!

So, basically I get the sense that the commute from River Place to the Domain is not too bad. Any idea if there will be future development in the area? I mean it's only about 4.5 miles to 360, but it would be annoying to move and then have the commute get demonstrably worse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2015, 02:36 PM

4,505 posts, read 4,622,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cBach View Post
Please take "the" off the road. We're not in Southern California.
The other day I heard somebody refer to Wm Cannon as "The WC".

Old 04-15-2015, 03:23 PM

1,774 posts, read 3,795,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sr. Sinclair View Post
My apologies for using "the" instead of "FM". I really hit a nerve with that one, apparently!

So, basically I get the sense that the commute from River Place to the Domain is not too bad. Any idea if there will be future development in the area? I mean it's only about 4.5 miles to 360, but it would be annoying to move and then have the commute get demonstrably worse.
I just see the traffic pouring in from 2222 toward Mopac every morning. I don't drive it, so I'm not sure what it looks like upstream from there. I do know that I avoid the intersection of 2222 and Parkcrest, morning and afternoon. FYI, I haven't heard anyone refer to it as FM 2222 in a lot of years. Just 2222 will do.

Old 04-15-2015, 03:49 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,420,086 times
Besides, isn't it RR 2222? Being on the west and thus in ranch to market country?

Old 04-15-2015, 04:06 PM

147 posts, read 212,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
Besides, isn't it RR 2222? Being on the west and thus in ranch to market country?
Technically, RM 2222.

To the OP, your first commute will be the best and go downhill from there. Tons of development in that area.

Old 04-15-2015, 04:42 PM

4,573 posts, read 6,784,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sr. Sinclair View Post

I don't agree with the "massive development" fear. Most of the area on either side of 2222 (as he heads down Tumbleweed Hill) & on either side of 360 (as he heads north towards the Domain) is Preserve Land. It's also a pleasant & pretty drive (some stop & go on 360). If the commute was 15 min. at 6am on Sunday morning, I'd suspect you'd probably double that at 7am on Monday.

& no need to go 2222 to Mopac (not sure why folks are concerned with that part of his commute) since you'll be heading north on 360. Oh....& drop the THE prior to the road name. (fingernails on the chalkboard to many of us)

Old 04-15-2015, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam.adams33 View Post
Technically, RM 2222.

To the OP, your first commute will be the best and go downhill from there. Tons of development in that area.
Looks like you're right, though the signs say RR (and say that west of town, and east of town they say FM - except when they're County Roads - I live on a CR) and the actual addresses say Ranch Road.

"And although the signs say "Farm Road" and "Ranch Road," the actual designation is "farm to market" and “ranch to market ”, with the exception of Ranch Road 1, which is the only formally designated Ranch Road in the state. It parallels the Pedernales River around the former ranch home of President Lyndon B. Johnson. There is one other similar designation. It is NASA 1, around the Mission Control Center in Houston."

Next, we'll confuse the OP with Loop 1 and Mopac. Then we can move on to 290 East/Koenig/Allandale/Northland/2222.

Old 04-15-2015, 05:09 PM

8,977 posts, read 17,559,521 times
Quote:
Looks like you're right, though the signs say RR (and say that west of town, and east of town they say FM - except when they're County Roads - I live on a CR) and the actual addresses say Ranch Road.

"And although the signs say "Farm Road" and "Ranch Road," the actual designation is "farm to market" and “ranch to market ”, with the exception of Ranch Road 1, which is the only formally designated Ranch Road in the state. It parallels the Pedernales River around the former ranch home of President Lyndon B. Johnson. There is one other similar designation. It is NASA 1, around the Mission Control Center in Houston."

Next, we'll confuse the OP with Loop 1 and Mopac. Then we can move on to 290 East/Koenig/Allandale/Northland/2222.
You mean "The MO' ", don't you?

Old 04-15-2015, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10scoachrick View Post
You mean "The MO' ", don't you?

Arrrrrggghhhhhh!!!!!! (She says, running away with her hands over her ears.)

Old 04-15-2015, 06:00 PM

1,774 posts, read 3,795,973 times
Quote:
You're absolutely right, and I knew it. Not sure what I was thinking. Okay, enough high jacking the OP's thread. Sorry about that. I guess it's a little information, just not what he or she was looking for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin