Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2008, 06:45 PM

3 posts, read 10,967 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone. My wife and son and I are relocating to Austin in May of this year. We have been looking at resale and new homes in various neighborhoods and seem to be leaning towards buying new. We love the old established neighborhood feel far more than the new communities but for our situation it seems to be better to have the new home warranty and such. Also, new vs. old + bang for the buck, in my opinion, weighs better for buying new. we are currently looking at the Lennar Homes Bradshaw Crossings area (our price cap is about 150k) but heard some bad things about that particular community. Does anyone have any input about this area or other ares of Austin that would fit our price range and not be on the "seedy" side of life? Thanks

Mike
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2008, 10:36 AM

233 posts, read 1,046,053 times
Where will you be working?

Old 01-19-2008, 02:15 PM

3 posts, read 10,967 times
I will be working in a supervisory position for one of a few screen printing companies in the area... I'm still in the process of securing that. My wife is working on a transfer with her company. Hopefully everything will fall into place very soon...

Old 01-19-2008, 10:25 PM

314 posts, read 1,230,229 times
What part of town will both of you be working in?

Old 09-14-2008, 08:21 AM

2 posts, read 7,528 times
Default Bradshaw Crossing

We moved into the neighborhood 6 months ago and really like it. Everyone is really friendly. The City of Austin is making a huge investment in the area and now that the toll road will be connecting the 35 I think there will be a lot of growth in this area since it is so close to everything. We also have had a really good experience with Lennar and their warranty- they have gone above and beyond to make us happy.

Old 09-14-2008, 08:28 AM

20,958 posts, read 45,392,902 times
One hint - don't put "the" in front of the names of the roadways here.

Since you're not quite sure where you'll be working, what part of town will your wife be working in? That would help us point out the best neighborhoods that fit the bill for you. Also, what age is your son? Presumably schools will be an issue.

Old 01-16-2017, 01:51 PM

3 posts, read 2,014 times
I live in the Bradshaw community for over 6 yrs. Quiet community and at a price that Austin people can afford..says a lot this days.. only issue many of us neighbors are having at present time: within my street: at least 3 people are having foundation issues...and the builder refuse to accept it. Headed trying to get the builder to fix any issues..the builder calls it "cosmetic issues " door not being able to open, cracks on walls and in the floor..cracks all around the house inside and outside..neighborhood is fairly new...you can Google the neighborhood and see many of us neighbors..is our main if not only concern ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin