Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 03:24 AM

27 posts, read 165,762 times

Advertisements

Austin, Dallas, or Houston?

I want cool urban housing (midrise, highrise, loft style, spacious apartment, modern kitchen, etc. )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2008, 06:14 AM
AGA

729 posts, read 2,707,760 times
Austin has it!

Old 03-02-2008, 06:53 AM

20,958 posts, read 45,410,702 times
Yep, Austin has it - with more being built as we type.

Old 03-02-2008, 07:01 AM

3,225 posts, read 14,064,393 times
Austin has it - but I am sure the other two do as well? What else are you looking for, besides housing?

Old 03-02-2008, 05:29 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,697,972 times
Houston also has high rises and lofts and condos downtown. More so than Austin as of right now.

Old 03-02-2008, 09:25 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,321,103 times
Depends of what else you want...even San Antonio has cool urban living.

Old 03-02-2008, 09:48 PM

979 posts, read 2,955,769 times
How much are you willing to spend?

Old 03-03-2008, 12:04 PM

2,744 posts, read 6,112,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
Depends of what else you want...even San Antonio has cool urban living.
Even San Antonio? Will of course it does, no different than cites over 2 million people. Lofts, coverted lofts all over downtown, high rise living all over city. Not on the same level as Dallas and Houston, but on par with cities it's size.

Austin probaly leads the state with downtown high rise living construction, but city wide, all other Texas have more high rise living. San Antonio for now still has more residents downtown than any Texas city. Downtown Austin would be second in the state. San Antonio has a downtown urban village under construction that is planned for 25,000 residents along the Riverwalk. Plus several high rise condos and lofts, in the 20 floor range, nothing like the soaring towers in Austin. San Antonio takes a different approach towards urban living. Probably due to all the historical restrictions, etc.

Old 03-03-2008, 02:15 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,321,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweethomeSanAntonio View Post
Even San Antonio? Will of course it does, no different than cites over 2 million people. Lofts, coverted lofts all over downtown, high rise living all over city. Not on the same level as Dallas and Houston, but on par with cities it's size.

Austin probaly leads the state with downtown high rise living construction, but city wide, all other Texas have more high rise living. San Antonio for now still has more residents downtown than any Texas city. Downtown Austin would be second in the state. San Antonio has a downtown urban village under construction that is planned for 25,000 residents along the Riverwalk. Plus several high rise condos and lofts, in the 20 floor range, nothing like the soaring towers in Austin. San Antonio takes a different approach towards urban living. Probably due to all the historical restrictions, etc.
Ha, ha, as I was typing that I knew I'd get zinged! I'm a native SAite, and no one loves good old SA like I do! FWIW, if I didn't live in Austin, I'd live in SA or Port A, and that's my list!

Old 03-20-2008, 09:51 PM

37 posts, read 35,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweethomeSanAntonio View Post

Don't kid yourself. SA isn't on par with cities its size. It is trying to get there though no doubt, but Austin, Charlotte, Sacramento, etc., have more going on intown. SA also isn't over two million (going by the new Census numbers released today). SA growth dropped over the past year.

About Austin, they are constructing a new tallest for the city (The Austonian I believe). Looks very nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin