Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2017, 11:44 AM

375 posts, read 319,508 times

Advertisements

https://communityimpact.com/austin/r...ng-round-rock/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2017, 02:13 PM
JH6

1,435 posts, read 3,219,758 times
cedar park is doing something similar on bell blvd.

Old 11-11-2017, 04:11 PM

202 posts, read 353,041 times
Am I the only one who doesn't like these???

Old 11-11-2017, 04:24 PM

420 posts, read 403,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katiev111 View Post
No. You’re not. But you’re also a person that moved to a city that builds these. They have a place for the trendy urbanists to call an “improvement” and honestly beat another outdoor Stonebrook-type mall by a million miles.

You were moving to Belton or Manor anyway.

Listen. Developments like these appeal to many folks, and are certainly better than continued sprawl. People aren’t going to stop moving here - as you did. You don’t have the right to be part of the issue and complain about it being a “problem”.

Last edited by Austinite76; 11-11-2017 at 05:09 PM..

Old 11-11-2017, 05:18 PM

1,707 posts, read 2,985,481 times
Quote:
Do you prefer strip malls? I think this style of development has more longevity than strip malls and create vibrancy.

These urban-style developments help create a walkable environment. Many people are starting to appreciate being able to walk around and not be stuck in a metal cage (our cars) all the time.

Old 11-11-2017, 07:09 PM

202 posts, read 353,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austinite76 View Post
No. You’re not. But you’re also a person that moved to a city that builds these. They have a place for the trendy urbanists to call an “improvement” and honestly beat another outdoor Stonebrook-type mall by a million miles.

You were moving to Belton or Manor anyway.

Listen. Developments like these appeal to many folks, and are certainly better than continued sprawl. People aren’t going to stop moving here - as you did. You don’t have the right to be part of the issue and complain about it being a “problem”.
chill out dude!!! I'm not against development. I don't like them because to me there are too "Concrete jungle." I also don't like the architecture. I'm not into the super modern futuristic look though. I just wish they would put more green space and maybe texas style architecture. Chillllllll.

Old 11-11-2017, 08:58 PM

Quote:
chill out dude!!! I'm not against development. I don't like them because to me there are too "Concrete jungle." I also don't like the architecture. I'm not into the super modern futuristic look though. I just wish they would put more green space and maybe texas style architecture. Chillllllll.
Coming from the person that was telling people in Texas how to vote, before they even moved to Texas - “chillllll” is rich.

You can’t have green space and density (although you obviously didn’t read this actual development design) you can’t have mixed use without concrete. As for your architectural taste, well. Nobody says you even have to go there. Don’t like it? Don’t buy it. Doesn’t give you the right to knock the people that do.

Old 11-11-2017, 10:53 PM

8,977 posts, read 17,561,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JH6 View Post
cedar park is doing something similar on bell blvd.
Cedar Park is TALKING about something 'similar'...been talking since we moved here in '08...holding a MEETING next week to talk some more.

Not really all that similar since Cedar Park is talking about realigning a major traffic artery and uprooting scores of businesses in their process. The Round Rock project basically uses empty land. The sausage may taste the same in the end; but one process is much messier while it's being made.

Old 11-12-2017, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10scoachrick View Post
Cedar Park is TALKING about something 'similar'...been talking since we moved here in '08...holding a MEETING next week to talk some more.

Not really all that similar since Cedar Park is talking about realigning a major traffic artery and uprooting scores of businesses in their process. The Round Rock project basically uses empty land. The sausage may taste the same in the end; but one process is much messier while it's being made.
There’s also the smaller version that’s being built off Parmer at the entrance to R@BC. Much smaller scale though.

Old 11-12-2017, 09:20 AM

8,977 posts, read 17,561,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austinite76 View Post
There’s also the smaller version that’s being built off Parmer at the entrance to R@BC. Much smaller scale though.
Much, much smaller, thankfully
We don't need another mattress store, junk pizza place, nail spa, cleaners and yogurt hut in the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin