Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2008, 11:09 AM

947 posts, read 3,139,321 times

Advertisements

I posted 4 yard sale signs in RR two on Gattis one on Rusk and One on Via Sonoma.

Yard sale was from 8 - 11:30. I decided to take them down at 10:30 and only one was left standing. The other three were gone.

Whoever took them even took the bricks that I was using to hold them down. (I had the signs taped on boxes with a brick holding down the box)

Boy was I irritated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2008, 11:22 AM

575 posts, read 2,495,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose Red View Post
I posted 4 yard sale signs in RR two on Gattis one on Rusk and One on Via Sonoma.

Yard sale was from 8 - 11:30. I decided to take them down at 10:30 and only one was left standing. The other three were gone.

Whoever took them even took the bricks that I was using to hold them down. (I had the signs taped on boxes with a brick holding down the box)

Boy was I irritated.
When we lived in Sonoma it was annoying driving down Gattis and seeing all the freakin' signs for people advertising this and that. I recall that Round Rock started to crack down a couple of years back and started charging for clean up. I doubt you will get a bill in the mail, but since you left your address on the signs, hopefully the bricks won't "make it back home" one night. Okay sort of kidding about the last part, but wonder what happened to them.

Old 04-05-2008, 12:37 PM

Good to know. I would call RR PD and ask if they took them down but I'm afraid they'll think I'm nuts for asking such a question.

I always hate it when people put up yard sale signs then fail to take them down. There is a family in our neighborhood that does that every year. Maybe this year someone will take it down for them.

Old 04-05-2008, 12:40 PM

8,977 posts, read 17,548,407 times
I don't live there yet but I do know that the CAUSS.ORG group was based in Austin and their main focus is awareness of codes against sign spam. While 'garage sale' and 'lost pet' signs don't usually spur folks into action, more citizens know that most muni areas have codes against bandit signs in the ROW or on private property(without owner's permission).

I, for one, am happy that CAUSS took on Herbalife(lose weight NOW) and 'Finally affordable Insurance'-type folks who blanket our neighborhoods and highways with 'litter on a stick'. Unfortunately, the housing crunch has invigorated the 'We Buy Houses' folks who have no compunction against any number of signs posted anywhere they darn well please.

Again, local, personal signs don't usually rile up folks too much but it is good to be aware of codes against un-permitted signage on other folk's property.

Old 04-05-2008, 01:13 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
A few years ago it was getting out of hand with the "weekend" signs..mostly by builders. And it wasn't just one sign here and there..it was 5-6 in one spot and then the very next block had another 5-6..all for the same subdivision. It was really bad so the cities had to take some action.

One subdivision by me, Blackhawk has staged a community garage sale day for the homeowners that I think is a good idea. The HOA itself puts signs up with the date and it seems to work much better as I see crowds of people cause it's everyone doing it on a date instead of here and there on various Saturdays.

Old 04-05-2008, 03:47 PM

80 posts, read 346,465 times
Default Round Rock has a no sign ordinance

You need to check with the Round Rock code enforcer about the sign regulations. I know that certain signs are allowed on weekends and there is a time restriction. For realtors, a permit on each sign is necessary and not allowed on certain roads.

If you call the code enforcer during the weekday, you might be able to get your sign back (if you really want it and if they took it).

Old 04-05-2008, 04:39 PM

Thanks for the info. Everyday that I learn something new is a blessing!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of: