Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2021, 09:54 PM

9,850 posts, read 13,692,217 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sravs47 View Post
We bid for Taylor Morrison lot in Feb,2021 at traditions at vizcaya community and we WON

63 Foot corner lot

Min Bid: ~40k , We bid for 131K and won the lot

Hope this information helps someone to get home of their dreams.
Congratulations. That’s a hell of a lot of extra money. I hope you stay long enough to get your money’s worth (in a completely non-sarcastic tone, because I’ve been known to be sarcastic when talking about outrageous real estate prices).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2021, 09:44 PM

6 posts, read 13,001 times
Is the bidding still going on these days?

Old 09-20-2021, 04:15 PM

8,977 posts, read 17,547,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99dreams View Post
Is the bidding still going on these days?
I doubt it has improved in the last 6 months as there is a decreasing supply of lots to bid on. Nothing out that way to stem the tide(like large new developments).

Old 09-21-2021, 12:07 PM

1,558 posts, read 2,398,518 times
I still don't get why people even want to move to Texas other than jobs...and pay ridiculous sums for real estate.

Old 09-22-2021, 10:04 AM

11,785 posts, read 7,999,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orngkat View Post
I still don't get why people even want to move to Texas other than jobs...and pay ridiculous sums for real estate.
May not float your boat and that’s completely okay, but plenty of people leaving higher CoL and heavily taxed states such as California, New York and Illinois. TX home values are not a bargain but they’re not the ridiculous astronomical found in the coastal cities and while things have been politically ramping up, it’s not the $h!t show seen in California, Oregon and Washington. This is coming from someone who has lived in Seattle, Chicago, Atlanta, and spent considerable time in San Francisco, LA and San Diego. Texas ain’t utopia but I found it to be among the ‘more’ (not most) politically balanced states in the nation.

But if you still have quarrels against TX as a place to live, you need not worry, the Texans most likely do not want you here to begin with … Have a good day sir!

Old 09-22-2021, 06:56 PM

13,448 posts, read 15,473,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
May not float your boat and that’s completely okay, but plenty of people leaving higher CoL and heavily taxed states such as California, New York and Illinois. TX home values are not a bargain but they’re not the ridiculous astronomical found in the coastal cities and while things have been politically ramping up, it’s not the $h!t show seen in California, Oregon and Washington. This is coming from someone who has lived in Seattle, Chicago, Atlanta, and spent considerable time in San Francisco, LA and San Diego. Texas ain’t utopia but I found it to be among the ‘more’ (not most) politically balanced states in the nation.

But if you still have quarrels against TX as a place to live, you need not worry, the Texans most likely do not want you here to begin with … Have a good day sir!
that poster lived in Austin for a while..maybe even a native. And left.

Old 09-23-2021, 10:20 AM

11,785 posts, read 7,999,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
that poster lived in Austin for a while..maybe even a native. And left.
Fair enough but thing is I get a bit annoyed about is people who bash on TX that either live in or move to states that are doing just as bad, or worse...just in different areas. If you have something personal against TX thats one thing but fix your own states issues before calling out those who move to TX as someone's last resort place to live. TX does have advantages that allures people, even outside of its economy. It may not be what he considers attractive, but he can't speak for everyone. That's his personal preference. TX isn't a perfect place, it does have issues but it's not the only state in the nation with problems.

Old 09-26-2021, 12:58 PM

1,558 posts, read 2,398,518 times
I lived in Tx (San Antonio/Austin) for the majority of my life so I know it well. Living now in the totally different environment of Colorado, I can contrast and compare. Though I miss a few things about Texas, it is SO nice not to deal with very high Austin property taxes, roaches, fleas, mosquitos, excessive heat and humidity...I wouldn't have realized how those things detract from quality of life without knowing something so different.

Old 09-26-2021, 02:09 PM

12,946 posts, read 13,334,408 times
Gettin’ soft in your old age?

My now-retired nephew, a native born Austinite, has the best of both worlds. His primary home has a view of an arm of Lake Travis, and he recently built a nice vacation home in Leadville, Colorado where he spends about 4 months out of the year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin