Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2008, 05:51 PM

7 posts, read 17,246 times

Advertisements

We are relocating to the Austin area and viewing properties on the internet can be a bit deceiveing. I seem to really like alot of the newer homes that I see in the 78734 zc. I also like the idea of being right down the street from a marina. Either way, we will lease a home before we buy. I have a 3 year old that I want to find a good preschool for. Map Quest say the drive to DT is 30 minutes. Is that true? Any thing good or bad to say about Lakeway, please send your comments this way. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2008, 06:53 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,700,559 times
Yes, it's as nice as it seems in pictures. There are or used to be tons of deer out there though, so it's best to use caution when driving around.

Old 05-20-2008, 10:54 AM

5,868 posts, read 11,930,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallypug View Post
Map Quest say the drive to DT is 30 minutes. Is that true? Any thing good or bad to say about Lakeway, please send your comments this way. Thanks.
It depends on whether you are working DT and will commute during regular rush hour or whether you want to go to some event during the weekend. There is no way you will get from inside Lakeway to downtown in 30 minutes during rush hour. Consider first that it may take you 5-10 minutes to wind your way back to 620. From there you can either take 620 to Bee Cave Rd (via the new Bee Cave Pkwy) or 620 to 71 to SW Parkway to Mopac. Either one of those commutes, once you hit 620 would take about 30 minutes if traffic was light and up to an hour during prime time. Hope this helps.

Old 05-20-2008, 01:01 PM

124 posts, read 563,997 times
Lakeway is beautiful. We just moved over here (from Steiner Ranch) in March. I had wanted to live in Lakeway before even moving to Austin and seeing it on the map. It's lovely.

Old 05-23-2008, 05:00 PM

351 posts, read 336,765 times
Lakeway is great. I have lived in Texas for the past 10 years (Dallas/Houston/Buda/Round Rock) and Lakeway by far is my favorite. Of course we are boat fans so... I saw you have a three year old and I will tell you to get on a wait list ASAP. There are not alot of daycares in the area and they fill up fast. My 3 year old is currently at Children's Courtyard @ Spicewood and we love it but can't keep up the drive so we are moving him to Kids R Kids which i have heard good things about from 6 ppl. There is also Primrose which gets mixed reviews and a few church daycares that are education vs. play based but I don't know the names... Good Luck to you and Welcome.

Old 05-23-2008, 07:08 PM

7,228 posts, read 16,107,786 times
Nearly 20 years in Austin and I've never been to Lakeway!

(I meant it in my very first post when I said that anything outside of 360/183N/71 west might was well be on Mars for me)

I know it is there of course but to me it isn't even a part of the city. I suppose it is lovely but lakes and boating do not appeal to me. I am told that the western commute in the evening with the sun in your eyes is horrendous.

good luck!

s

Old 05-25-2008, 12:08 PM

1 posts, read 3,096 times
Default Depends

When we first drove through Lakeway, we thought it was a Stepford community--too trim, neat. However, a view was important to us and we found a house with an awesome one, making much else worthwhile. We didn't understand how much we would love being near Lake Travis--if parks, walks, having kayaks or a boat five minutes away count, then Lakeway is wonderful. Commuting another issue. We can tailor when we drive into town and so leave at 9:30--even so it's 35-40 minutes from house to office. It just depends what is key to you.

Old 05-28-2008, 02:49 PM

11 posts, read 46,057 times
[SIZE=3]Hello,[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Yes Lakeway is as nice as you hear. My husband is a native Austite and use to mow the lawns out here and say this is where I want to raise my family and here we are. I have not met a person who does not like Lakeway. The drive to downtown is usually more than 30mins. Since they opened up Bee Cave Parkway it is shorter but it really depends on the time of day and how deep in Lakeway you are. I always plan for 45 mins. The commute is completely worth it! The nice thing about Lakeway is a small town community feel, great schools with the benefits of a big City right next door.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Preschools: Let me suggest the Lakeway Church Christine Preschool. I have two kids who both went there and I can say enough good things about that school. Not to mention the relationships you and your children build are nice. Best of luck with your home search and let me know if we can help.[/SIZE]
Harmony

Old 05-28-2008, 05:06 PM

1,618 posts, read 6,617,922 times
I would say Lago Vista is nicer, but it's just too darn far away.

If you can, live close to 360 bridge

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin