Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2008, 07:50 AM

26 posts, read 136,173 times

Advertisements

Hi Southwest Austinites-
My husband and I are looking to buy southwest for our kids to attend Mills. We like the area, but would prefer to be in Legend Oaks as opposed to VAWO because of the homeowner parks you can walk to. This makes for slim pickings though.

We were in an open house a few weeks ago where an agent told us that VAWO residents can join the "old" Legend Oaks park, but have not been able to confirm this. Can anyone corroborate, or just put me in touch with the homeowners assn?

Thanks!
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2008, 12:57 PM

1,133 posts, read 4,187,850 times
Gotta love Google, eh?

Legend Oaks

Western Oaks members seeking a membership please contact Pioneer Management at 447-4496.

Old 06-23-2008, 01:10 PM

26 posts, read 136,173 times
Thanks!!! I've even gotten to that page before but didn't see that!
(Head smack!)

Old 07-16-2008, 11:27 AM

6 posts, read 19,163 times
Wink Re: Can VAWO join Legend Oaks HO park?

Unfortunatley, the real estate agent is mis-informed. Legend Oaks is a private park for residents only. They do offer pool memberships, but only to the Woods of Legend Oaks & it's a very limited number so I wouldn't base my decision on that. Have you checked out the pool at Lifetime Fitness? & Nearby Granada Hills neighborhood offers pool memberships. You may also want to try joining the pool at Western Oaks or Circle C. I don't know if they sell memberships to their pools, but they offer swim lessons & they have swim teams that meet there so I would be surprised if they didn't.

Dick Nichols pool is a nice public pool in SW Austin that is free, it's even heated so you can swim there in February. When you're out house hunting drive around & check out the amenities before you make your decision. If you have kids you'll want a family friendly neighborhood that has a pool & playscape, etc. Of course, if you find a house you love & there are no amenities keep in mind that Dick Nichols is a great spot with playscapes, a water feature, hike & bike areas, tennis courts, & a pool. There is Circle C Metro Park which is a fabulous city park with soccer fields, playscapes, volleyball courts, hike & bike areas, etc. I recommend taking a drive over to Circle C Metro Park & Dick Nichols, get out, walk around & see what they have to offer. You might be very pleasantly surprised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillibelle View Post
Hi Southwest Austinites-
My husband and I are looking to buy southwest for our kids to attend Mills. We like the area, but would prefer to be in Legend Oaks as opposed to VAWO because of the homeowner parks you can walk to. This makes for slim pickings though.

We were in an open house a few weeks ago where an agent told us that VAWO residents can join the "old" Legend Oaks park, but have not been able to confirm this. Can anyone corroborate, or just put me in touch with the homeowners assn?

Thanks!

Last edited by iluvswaustin; 07-16-2008 at 01:02 PM..

Old 07-16-2008, 03:21 PM

675 posts, read 1,905,723 times
I agree 100 percent with iluvswaustin. The Dick Nichols Park pool is just fine; it's better than fine, actually. It does get crowded but what pool doesn't. If you want to avoid the "riff raff" that comes with having a free pool, then I think your money'd be better spent on a Lifetime Fitness membership. Go check it out.

Also agree that the Slaughter Metro Park (Circle C Park, on Slaughter Lane) is AWESOME. It's shady, has great trails, soccer fields, basketball, a playscape, a creek, etc.

We live right by Dick Nichols Park, but we constantly go to the Slaughter metro park.

If you want a park that you can walk to, then try to buy right around Dick Nichols if you can. Then add on a Lifetime Fitness membership and you'll be set.

Old 01-24-2012, 04:50 PM

3 posts, read 9,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillibelle View Post
Hi Southwest Austinites-

Thanks!
No. The Legend Oaks pool is only for Legend Oaks residents. In addition, you must be in good standing. If you are deliquent on your HOA dues, they will not allow you to use the pool.

Dick Nichols Park; however, has a beautiful pool that is available to VAWO residents. There is also Lifetime Fitness and the new improved YMCA pool. Nitro Fitness is also nearby in West Austin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin