Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 02:00 PM

34 posts, read 101,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainwreck20 View Post
If your husband is going to travel both north and south of the city (as well as in the city), somewhere near hwy 130 might be nice - especially if he can expense the tolls . Gerogetown on down toward Buda would all have pretty easy access to 130 (I forgot where 130 connects south of town ) and that might save him some traffic headaches.
Thanks for the tip! You should see what his toll bills are now, but it is a company paid expense, so he'll be a steady user of 130 for sure!

Is the traffic really all that bad? I mean, I figure it gets dicey during rush hours, but not all day long, right? He would have flexibility in the hours he works, so she certainly could get the outside part of the job done early, and then work from home before the real traffic becomes an issue. When we were in Austin last year, we did get to witness rush hour traffic first hand, and while it was certainly slow-moving, it didn't seem like a hige stretch of highway that was clogged, and we were heading north to RR at the time. I assume to a certain extent, this is all relative to what you know, right? We lived in the Bronx growing up, and the Cross-Bronx Expressway is backed up all the time. I once had to get on it at 3 AM, and it was still bumper to bumper traffic - we call it the traffic phenomenon...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2009, 02:01 PM

1,618 posts, read 6,617,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainwreck20 View Post
If your husband is going to travel both north and south of the city (as well as in the city), somewhere near hwy 130 might be nice - especially if he can expense the tolls . Gerogetown on down toward Buda would all have pretty easy access to 130 (I forgot where 130 connects south of town ) and that might save him some traffic headaches.
Amen to the tolls here. I always refused to ride it, but ever since I got my toll-tag I been hitting it every time I get on the roads. It's nice to get from Cedar Park to Round Rock in about 7 min

Or Cedar Park to Mopac is 5 min

Old 06-09-2009, 02:53 PM

15,269 posts, read 35,646,924 times
Traffic in Austin really isn't all that bad, except at specific times, and, more or less, specific places. I-35 can be somewhat bad at any time of day, though. I drive on it once or twice a year, probably, and every time I do, I remember why I avoid it. Big trucks, some pretty wreckless driving, and odd structure.

Old 06-11-2009, 08:28 AM

316 posts, read 877,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by llkltk View Post
The interest rates are trending upwards. I think by the end of the year they will be up over 6%. The economy is not rebounding and Washington is a mess so don't expect Bernanke to do anything.
The bond vigilantes are back. Interest rates are certainly up over the past couple of weeks.

If this trend continues, housing prices (at every level) will have to come down.

Also noteworthy is that many debt-saddled consumers seem to only calculate the monthly payments.

Bernanke is doing just one thing. And that is debasing the dollar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin