Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2009, 10:49 PM

739 posts, read 3,057,645 times

Advertisements

Hey All,

Im trying to find more information on Ciber. They do over a billion a year and have offices all over. I am applying for a job there. Anyone have any more information on them? There isnt a whole lot available online in the usual sources.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2009, 07:12 AM

2,238 posts, read 9,017,965 times
I talked to them years ago about a job and my impression was that they hired staff without a great deal of backlog to support them. You'd get hired for a big a project, work only on that project, and when it was over you moved on to another company. However, that could have just been the case with my little niche of IT.

Old 07-30-2009, 11:10 PM

Thanks! Yeah I got a better feel today for the job. The employee I would be contracted out to has been a constant contract for 10 years or so. So, it is a little more stable that a temp project. I passed Ciber's interviews, not just have to pass the one with the contracted company..... Fun stuff

Old 07-23-2010, 08:39 PM

1 posts, read 2,660 times
Any further news about Ciber? I'm in the interview process with them right now, but I'm a little bit hesitating about the way they hire you and then outsource right away to some contract that you don't exactly know how long is going to last.
Any feedback is appreciated.

Old 07-23-2010, 09:23 PM

Yes I actually ended up taking the job with Ciber and working with a large tech company here in Austin. I recently was approached by a former employer and offered an opportunity I could not pass up. So at the end of August I will no longer be employed by Ciber.

That said, I truly enjoyed working for them. The people here in the local Austin office are great and I would gladly go back there for a job if I needed/wanted a new job. Depending on where they are contracting you to, it can be a great and secure job. If you want to speak on the phone, private message me and I will send you my number.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of: