Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 11:10 AM

110 posts, read 590,786 times

Advertisements

hi there--- my husband needs to get to an Internal Medicine Dr. asap and he just had a horrid experience with a young dr. at the Cedar Park office of the Austin Regional Clinic.... she was just a pill pusher and when my husband said he didn't want her meds, she told him to have a nice day and left the room He just filed a complaint with the head person and so we won't be billed for it but he still needs to figure out what is going on with his good cholesterol levels being very very low.

So he would like someone with experience, someone that didn't get their degree out of a Cracker Jack box, someone that will actually listen to their patient and will look at alternatives to prescription meds. Does such a dr. exist out there??

And we also need a pediatrician if you have any recommendations.

We live in Leander so anyone in Cedar Park, Leander, Round Rock or North, NW Austin would be great but for someone really good, we're willing to travel.

Feel free to PM me.
TIA!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2007, 11:50 AM

1,207 posts, read 6,280,713 times
I have nothing but great things to say about Hill Country Pediatrics. They are currently at 2222 and Jester, but are moving any day now to 2222 and River Place Boulevard. 3 women doctors, all very welcoming, friendly and proactive.

Old 04-24-2007, 12:42 PM

110 posts, read 590,786 times
thanks Gigi--- I appreciate it!!

Old 04-24-2007, 02:56 PM

447 posts, read 1,849,952 times
I've been very happy with Dr. Cardwell and Dr. Kilgoare at Cedar Park Pediatrics - they are right off 183 at Brushy Creek, I think (the CVS is there on the corner).

I'm not a fan of the GP that is there for adults, though, so I'm also on the hunt for a good doctor for me.

Old 02-27-2008, 08:10 AM

8 posts, read 22,860 times
Any other suggestions for Adult/Internal Med doctors Central Austin? thank you.

Old 02-27-2008, 08:44 AM

20,958 posts, read 45,410,702 times
Unfortunately, my doctor is an OB/GYN, but I swear by him and his approach to medicine as a team event (you and he being the main two members of the team, with equal rights/responsibilities). So your husband might not be comfortable going to him, but you might! His name is Wayne Ingram, he's located down on 38th Street near Central Market.

He's good enough that I drive all the way in from Jarrell to go to him, and my husband, when looking at insurance carriers for the policy to offer his employees, makes sure that Dr. Ingram takes whatever insurance he's looking at offering (and tells them to go home and ask their spouses to check on their favored doctors, as well, to make sure they're on there).

Old 02-27-2008, 09:31 AM

5,867 posts, read 11,928,737 times
The Austin Diagnostic Clinic has a whole team of Internal Medicine Dr's. Several people have recommended doctors to me there, but alas when I tried to make an appointment, the ones that were recommended were not accepting new patients at the time. I did try one other doctor, but was not impressed and she ended up leaving the staff the following year. I'm still looking for a good one myself, but I haven't tried going to another Dr. at that clinic.

Old 02-27-2008, 09:34 AM

9,249 posts, read 26,697,972 times
I'd be interested in knowing a good internist as well. My husband is having the exact same issue with the good cholesterol. I don't think it was very, very low but low enough for her to suggest a med, but he doesn't want to take it right now either and wondering if diet can help. He said she didn't recommend any other courses and didn't treat it like a huge deal. And since he works inside of Austin most of the time, location isn't really a huge deal.

Old 02-28-2008, 04:31 PM

260 posts, read 904,746 times
I just sent you a DM.

Old 02-28-2008, 04:35 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,410,702 times
FWIW, your husband might want to pick up a copy of the book Cholesterol Down. I'm using it - it's not about drugs, it's about the synergy of a variety of foods (nummy foods, at that) that are good for your cholesterol. Goes into the science, or you can ignore that part and just do the diet (though it's really not a "diet", per se, just making sure that you DO eat certain things, not that you don't).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin