Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2008, 04:15 PM

69 posts, read 158,311 times

Advertisements

Moved here early in the year and thought we found a decent Dr. for the family, but they take over 3 hours to return an after-hours call (two separate occasions), and recently I have become extremely frustrated while in moderate pain and a lack of any response from the doctor's office on a prescription refill, one that I have been on for roughly ten years (any response, even a "no"). Can anyone give a solid recommendation for family/internal medicine doctors in the Cedar Park area that do NOT operate as a "clinic", care about individuals and are responsive?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2008, 02:22 PM

Does this mean there are none?

Old 12-12-2008, 03:11 PM

5,868 posts, read 11,930,600 times
There have been a couple of request on here for Internal medice doctors and not too many responses. I've been looking for one myself for quite awhile. it seems like all the ones that get recommended to me by colleagues and friends are not accepting new patients.

Here's a more recent thread though that has a few tips:

//www.city-data.com/forum/austi...dicine-md.html

Old 12-12-2008, 03:41 PM

Thank-you!

When I spoke with the local pharmacist I was told that they found most of the doctors in this area fairly unresponsive, which I hate. Further, to just "audition" each doctor for the office visit insurance deductible gets expensive. Sure would be nice if they had to compete on more of an open market, but as the area grows I know they won't have much choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of: