Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2009, 05:25 PM

11 posts, read 25,679 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I'm moving my family to Austin later this summer. We'll be living in the Round Rock ISD area near Anderson Mill / Jollyville / 78750.

We have a 4-year old son who has developmental delays with speech (dyspraxia) and motor. He has a great IED program in the school system where we live now (they're recommending a 4-day therapy week in preschool for next year). We've heard that RR ISD only offers a 2-day program.

I'm hoping that someone out there can shed some light on what the options are like so we can provide the best care for our son in the NW Austin region. Does RR ISD extend their program to more sessions a week depending on a child's needs? Are their sessions effective? What private therapy options exist in that area.

We would truly appreciate any information you can offer. It's a great concern for us to set up a program for him so he can have everything he needs to build a successful life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2009, 07:35 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,135,783 times
A small and excellent option: www.swankenrichmentcenter.com

Old 05-23-2009, 10:25 PM

1,930 posts, read 6,534,987 times
Are you tied to NW Austin? I know that Kiker Elementary in SW Austin (Circle C Ranch) has a full time 5 day a week preschool in conjunction with the Circle C Child Development Center. They integrate all abilities into the classroom. I have known several of the teachers and they are fabulous!

Old 05-24-2009, 08:44 AM
AGA

729 posts, read 2,707,346 times
AISD has a program with PPCD classes (preschool program for children with disabilities, i think is the title) where the kids get tested and "qualified" then are placed in a special preschool program at their neighborhood school.My son qualified on speech and language delays, so sounds as if your son would qualify also. RRISD may have something similar. I would call the district(s) and talk with someone at special ed...

Old 05-24-2009, 06:26 PM

1,774 posts, read 3,794,362 times
I would consult with your pediatrician. He or she may have a list of providers in your area.

A private school option is Capitol School. They offer 5 day per week programs for preschool through 3rd grade, each class is led by a speech-language pathologist. They are located near Koenig Lane and Burnet Road in Austin. There are likely other families enrolled in that program who live in your area, so carpooling may be an option. Good luck.

Old 05-25-2009, 09:08 AM

16 posts, read 44,743 times
Seems like 4-days a week of private therapy will become very pricy over the long term. It may be more economical to have him tested and then transitioned into a preschool w/ a resident speech pathologist and developmental coach

Old 01-06-2010, 11:30 PM

2 posts, read 7,387 times
Thumbs up Private Speech Therapy

Does your child need speech therapy?
Are you dissatisfied with your current therapy service provider?
Are you not sure where to go?

We Have the Answer for You at
TURNING POINT INTEGRATED THERAPY
WE OFFER:
SPEECH THERAPY & PHYSICAL THERAPY FOR CHILDREN AGES 0 TO 21
EXCELLENT QUALITY OF CARE
100% PATIENT/FAMILY SATISFACTION
RAPID IMPROVEMENT RESULTS
EVIDENCED BASED MODEL AND INTEGRATION OF WHOLE BODY SYSTEMS
BILINGUAL THERAPY in Spanish
FREE SPEECH-LANGUAGE SCREENINGS
MOST INSURANCES ACCEPTS

LOCATED IN THE NW AUSTIN AREA ON NORTH HWY 183 BETWEEN OAK KNOLL AND MCNEIL ROAD. ADDRESS: 12741 RESEARCH BLVD STE 700; AUSTIN TX 78759. 512-250-5299. VISIT OUR WEBSITE: www.turningpointspeechtherapy.blogspot.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin