Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 11:03 AM

8,007 posts, read 10,430,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runemaster View Post
Good points. Baltimore's town motto is "A Drinking Town with a Baseball Problem", so any such list as this is obviously flawed without Baltimore on it.
LOL. If you've ever been on the Broad Street subway line after an Eagles game, you would swear that Philly is the drunkest city. Trust me.

Also, I have been in NYC for St. Patrick's Day many times. Always took the train from Philly. And I have seen NYPD officers, in full uniform, with beers in their hands at Penn Station.

Again, lots of drunks, but they are all taking public transportation. The fact that drunk driving convictions and accidents factored into the list is the deciding factor for a lot of these cities.

I mean Lubbock?!?! College town that is also dry (I believe). Gee, you think there are a lot of drunks trying to drive home from bars out-of-town?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2010, 11:42 AM

97 posts, read 251,665 times
Since Austin is a great college town, what do you expect?

Of course everyone will be drinking! Its not like College kids will drink responsibly. The majority wants to get wasted.

Old 02-08-2010, 01:36 PM

4,716 posts, read 8,578,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm57553 View Post
LOL. If you've ever been on the Broad Street subway line after an Eagles game, you would swear that Philly is the drunkest city. Trust me.

Also, I have been in NYC for St. Patrick's Day many times. Always took the train from Philly. And I have seen NYPD officers, in full uniform, with beers in their hands at Penn Station.

Again, lots of drunks, but they are all taking public transportation. The fact that drunk driving convictions and accidents factored into the list is the deciding factor for a lot of these cities.

I mean Lubbock?!?! College town that is also dry (I believe). Gee, you think there are a lot of drunks trying to drive home from bars out-of-town?
Yeah, I'm really surprised by that as well. Lubbock prohibited packaged alcohol sales until last year, which pushed all the liquor stores (read: there are bars in city limits) to just outside city limits. Because of that, the police there are very serious about catching drunk drivers, which one of the criteria for that list was number of DUI arrests. It's a totally BS list if you ask me. I would put money that Lubbock will never be on the list again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of: