Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2010, 03:50 PM

112 posts, read 287,147 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

I need to buy a water softener as the water in Round Rock is hard.
I got quotes from two sales persons.

Culligan water softener(1.0 cu ft of resin) price is $1830.

Affordable water softener(1.0 cu ft of resin) price is $999.
http://www.chargerwater.com/
Affordable water systems is the sales company that sells charger water system products.

Both have 5 years warranty.

Please advice.

thanks
Aadil

Last edited by reachvali; 04-01-2010 at 04:08 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2010, 04:55 AM

22 posts, read 166,234 times
We went with Affordable and we have been very happy with them. I would definitely recommend them so far based on our experience.

Old 04-02-2010, 07:39 AM

351 posts, read 1,431,024 times
I purchased a Whirlpool WHES40 from Lowes for $450.00 + $150.00 installation.

http://www.ecodynewatertreatment.com/ws/WHES40.pdf (broken link)

Old 04-02-2010, 09:38 AM

112 posts, read 287,147 times
thank you very much for your suggestions.

Old 04-02-2010, 04:07 PM

125 posts, read 293,841 times
I used Affordable water systems in Round Rock. I would not use them again!
Softner is ok, company is not.

Old 04-02-2010, 05:37 PM

22 posts, read 166,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudbug View Post
I used Affordable water systems in Round Rock. I would not use them again!
Softner is ok, company is not.
Can you say more about what you didn't like about the company? We have had no issues with the softener, therefore we have not had any more contact with the management of the company after the sale was complete. During the process of looking for a softener I was very impressed with them and never felt pressured like I did with other companies. I'm just curious why your experience was so different then mine so far.

Old 04-02-2010, 08:21 PM

481 posts, read 2,416,371 times
I'm in the market for a water softener too. Affordable Water is not on Angie's List which concerns me. If they are so good how come there are no reviews on Angie's List. Just about every other water softener company is listed.

Anyone use Choice Water Co. They had great reviews on Angie's List but the reviews are 2 yrs. old

Choice Water Conditioning

Old 04-05-2010, 12:17 AM

113 posts, read 238,868 times
Default My experience with Affordable Water and American Water

Please pardon my response, i've read this site for some time nearly 2 years and was compelled to register due to this post. I apologize if my information seems somewhat informal. I just wanted to share my experience.

First of all I too found myself confused with water softeners, nobody ever wants to make a large purchase without researching their options. I found when I did a search on this site,there was several posts that had good suggestions as to price and experience with local vendors.

One of those was Affordable water from Round Rock, we all have different qualities that we look for when buying from any dealer, and honestly one for me was that it was a 'christian' based business. I know just being honest, anybody can claim that and just prey upon our personal values.

I did contact them and spoke with someone who was pleasant but at the time I was just needing to gather information from all the sources, so that I could make a decision based on my family's needs. That SAME day I found a card at my door when I got home from work, it made me VERY uncomfortable.

In my situation I had a phone number of a local dealer that I was warned would be expensive 'American Water' but I spoke explained my situation and was promised only this phone conversation would transpire unless I chose otherwise.

The very next day I had an email from Affordable water, 2 voicemails and a sick feeling in my stomach. I deceided I would call American water and just see how overpriced they could be. I knew what the other guys price was so I figured all I had to do was say NO.

Well all in all I found out they had the a system that was that inexpensive, you can buy up to their elaborate systems but at least you have a choice for me I didn't want to spend that much and we went with a basic system. We agreed and we've been VERY happy with American Water.......BUT wait.

The next week, and month, and month after that. I continued to be Solicited by both the Owner and his wife of Affordable water, the last message I received was an annoyed sounding female stating I HAD TO CONTACT THEM.

All in all I believe it was 4 emails and about 10 messages was received from them and an unscheduled visit.

Once again I apologize if I have offended anyone, I simply wanted to share my experience and help out in a small way if possible.

Old 04-05-2010, 06:37 AM

65 posts, read 248,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joedtx View Post
Please pardon my response, i've read this site for some time nearly 2 years and was compelled to register due to this post. I apologize if my information seems somewhat informal. I just wanted to share my experience.

First of all I too found myself confused with water softeners, nobody ever wants to make a large purchase without researching their options. I found when I did a search on this site,there was several posts that had good suggestions as to price and experience with local vendors.

One of those was Affordable water from Round Rock, we all have different qualities that we look for when buying from any dealer, and honestly one for me was that it was a 'christian' based business. I know just being honest, anybody can claim that and just prey upon our personal values.

I did contact them and spoke with someone who was pleasant but at the time I was just needing to gather information from all the sources, so that I could make a decision based on my family's needs. That SAME day I found a card at my door when I got home from work, it made me VERY uncomfortable.

In my situation I had a phone number of a local dealer that I was warned would be expensive 'American Water' but I spoke explained my situation and was promised only this phone conversation would transpire unless I chose otherwise.

The very next day I had an email from Affordable water, 2 voicemails and a sick feeling in my stomach. I deceided I would call American water and just see how overpriced they could be. I knew what the other guys price was so I figured all I had to do was say NO.

Well all in all I found out they had the a system that was that inexpensive, you can buy up to their elaborate systems but at least you have a choice for me I didn't want to spend that much and we went with a basic system. We agreed and we've been VERY happy with American Water.......BUT wait.

The next week, and month, and month after that. I continued to be Solicited by both the Owner and his wife of Affordable water, the last message I received was an annoyed sounding female stating I HAD TO CONTACT THEM.

All in all I believe it was 4 emails and about 10 messages was received from them and an unscheduled visit.

Once again I apologize if I have offended anyone, I simply wanted to share my experience and help out in a small way if possible.
Nobody should be offended at all. This is good info to share! Thanks for posting!

Old 04-05-2010, 08:06 AM

13,714 posts, read 31,164,480 times
So much of what is offensive about water treatment is the selling part. They try to make you fearful about not treating your water - how bad it is for your family, your pipes, your appliances, and if you don't treat your water you must not care about your health!

I read often enough that there is a difference in the valve assembly - Fleck is so much better than Whirlpool, etc. Maybe so.

But I am a DIY type. So I bought a $450-ish Whirpool unit at Lowes. Spent another $100 or so on PVC and related parts. Installed it over a Saturday almost 5 years ago and it continues to work perfectly. If it breaks I will either repair it myself or replace it.

No way is it worth $2000 to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin