Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 07:20 AM

2,627 posts, read 6,576,586 times

Advertisements

Have you tried Express (for Men)? I have friends that are about the same size as you that say that is one of the only places that they can find slim fitting clothes in larger sizes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2010, 09:21 AM

2,101 posts, read 4,528,770 times
Hey, everyone. Thanks for your feedback. I've got a lot of places to check out on Memorial Day weekend.

FYI, I never buy clothes online or from catalogs because I can never be sure that the clothes will fit me right unless I can try them on in person.

Old 05-24-2010, 09:28 AM
gdu

256 posts, read 699,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10scoachrick View Post
This may not be as dressy as you want(although there are different styles); but, give Academy, REI or Sports Authority a try for Columbia Sportswear. They have a lot of 'Dry Fast' type materials that are great in our summers. Academy also has a couple of brands that are less expensive 'knock-offs' of Columbia...Magellan and Austin Shirt Company, I believe. Stein Mart has a bit of Columbia, as well as Polo, Izod and others. REI is having a sale currently...some of their 'trail wear' can be a little spendy for such casual styles. Have fun!
Those stores seem to me to be the exact opposite of the look he described.

Old 05-24-2010, 09:59 AM

8,977 posts, read 17,561,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdu View Post
Those stores seem to me to be the exact opposite of the look he described.
Gee, I don't know. OP said he likes 'cargo' shorts and I have at least a half-dozen styles of Columbia(and others) purchased from Academy, SA, and REI. Stein Mart has all sorts of graphic desogn t-shirts. Can't say these are particularly 'Euro' but it's a start.

Old 05-24-2010, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10scoachrick View Post
Gee, I don't know. OP said he likes 'cargo' shorts and I have at least a half-dozen styles of Columbia(and others) purchased from Academy, SA, and REI. Stein Mart has all sorts of graphic desogn t-shirts. Can't say these are particularly 'Euro' but it's a start.
Honestly, there's really no such thing as a European style of shorts because Europeans don't wear shorts - even in hotter countries like Spain or Italy. I only prefer cargo shorts because they tend to fit me better than jean shorts (which are usually way too short on me).

I've been to Academy, SA, and REI and can tell you that I would only buy clothes at those places if I needed athletic gear.

Old 05-24-2010, 03:44 PM

1,694 posts, read 3,624,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by passionatearts View Post
Honestly, there's really no such thing as a European style of shorts because Europeans don't wear shorts - even in hotter countries like Spain or Italy. I only prefer cargo shorts because they tend to fit me better than jean shorts (which are usually way too short on me).

I've been to Academy, SA, and REI and can tell you that I would only buy clothes at those places if I needed athletic gear.

Cargo shorts fit me better than jean shorts too

Old 05-24-2010, 03:47 PM

170 posts, read 827,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by passionatearts View Post
Honestly, there's really no such thing as a European style of shorts because Europeans don't wear shorts - even in hotter countries like Spain or Italy...
Really? I hope this is a joke! As a European (from Sweden) who also lived in Spain for four years, I can assure, we do wear shorts!

Old 05-24-2010, 06:46 PM

3,757 posts, read 9,063,427 times
You're a guy? I totally thought you were a gal. I don't mean that in a negative way or anything like that. I just find it's really interesting that while I don't have a mental image of any of the regular posters (unless they have posted photos - e.g. I know Jobert looks like Sideshow Bob) I do end up unconsciously attributing a gender to many based on their posts and screen names.

Old 05-24-2010, 08:18 PM

170 posts, read 827,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennibc View Post
You're a guy? I totally thought you were a gal. I don't mean that in a negative way or anything like that. I just find it's really interesting that while I don't have a mental image of any of the regular posters (unless they have posted photos - e.g. I know Jobert looks like Sideshow Bob) I do end up unconsciously attributing a gender to many based on their posts and screen names.
Was that message for me? Yes, it's definitely hard to get an idea of who people are (and even what gender they are!) from their screen names! If you WERE talking to me, I do happen to have a picture up on my profile, so you can see what I look like by clicking the little face icon under my screen name! :-)

Old 05-24-2010, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickasarbata View Post
Really? I hope this is a joke! As a European (from Sweden) who also lived in Spain for four years, I can assure, we do wear shorts!
Hmm . . . I studied abroad in Madrid for 4.5 months and also visited the city again during the summer and don't remember seeing anyone wearing shorts other than American tourists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin