Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should McDonald's officially become 'Macca's' have it on our signs?
Yes 5 26.32%
No 8 42.11%
No opinion 6 31.58%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 08:02 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,060,466 times

Advertisements

McDonald's to become 'Macca's' in Australia

The McDonald's near me has become Macca's, lol, well at least on the sign. I was surprised they'd actually pull a stunt like this.

I do call it Macca's myself, as do many people I know. What about you?

What do you think about the whole idea? Is it just a bit silly? Would you like to see it become permanent/roll over to every Macca's outlet?

While I will continue to call it Macca's, I think 'officially' calling it that is sort of silly. It just looks silly lol.

I'll add a poll just for fun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2013, 08:22 PM

1,094 posts, read 2,695,564 times
That's what the demographic who eat it call it. I think it is very apt for them.

Old 02-14-2013, 08:25 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,060,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropical87 View Post
That's what the demographic who eat it call it. I think it is very apt for them.
Ha...more people eat it than they'd like to admit. Don't act like only bogans or something eat it. Saying 'I never eat at McDonald's' does sound a bit snobby but I do totally understand it. It's not the greatest health or taste-wise. I eat there maybe once a fortnight at most these days. A big improvement from when I was younger.

Old 02-14-2013, 08:56 PM

1,094 posts, read 2,695,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Ha...more people eat it than they'd like to admit. Don't act like only bogans or something eat it. Saying 'I never eat at McDonald's' does sound a bit snobby but I do totally understand it. It's not the greatest health or taste-wise. I eat there maybe once a fortnight at most these days. A big improvement from when I was younger.

I eat it when I'm on holiday only. It is convenient and a guilty pleasure I allow myself, especially the deserts - Yum!

But no I won't eat it otherwise. It amounts to twice a year at best for me; I try to eat as healthy as possible - which means not eating anything from a store (even the 'healthy' foods often are not). Also it doesn't really fill me up.

Old 02-14-2013, 11:15 PM

598 posts, read 955,987 times
I'm more of a Jacka's man myself...

Old 02-15-2013, 12:45 AM

4,227 posts, read 4,891,073 times
Quote:
I eat it but not very often. I reckon the Double Quarter Pounder is pretty tasty. I'd much rather go to Ole or Ogalo's than Maccas though.

Old 02-15-2013, 07:40 AM

9,326 posts, read 22,019,398 times
Its localized branding. Hungry Jacks did not change names to Burger King as it was an established name.
Seems Maccas is the established name in local parlance, McDonalds is just catching up. When I lived in Oz, I don't remember ever going to McD's... maybe for coffee on a road trip (once). I confess once a month I'd treat myself to a brekky wrap at HJ (yum).

Old 02-15-2013, 05:16 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,099,690 times
Quote:
McDonald's to become 'Macca's' in Australia

The McDonald's near me has become Macca's, lol, well at least on the sign. I was surprised they'd actually pull a stunt like this.

I do call it Macca's myself, as do many people I know. What about you?

What do you think about the whole idea? Is it just a bit silly? Would you like to see it become permanent/roll over to every Macca's outlet?

While I will continue to call it Macca's, I think 'officially' calling it that is sort of silly. It just looks silly lol.

I'll add a poll just for fun.
The article said that it's just temporary in honor of Australia Day and will revert back to McDonalds shortly. Here in the states, many refer to it as Mickey D's.

Old 02-15-2013, 06:24 PM

1,370 posts, read 3,054,199 times
That would be like us Americans changing the name to "Mickey D's". It's just an unofficial nickname.

Old 02-15-2013, 07:30 PM

2,421 posts, read 6,956,682 times
They only changed the name to fit in with Australia Day. It's not a permanent change

McDonalds: Macca's Australia Day 2012 - YouTube

Atleast they brought back the McOZ though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand