Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2019, 03:08 AM

129 posts, read 69,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the troubadour View Post

I recall the government attempts in France over a generation ago to ban smoking in cafes and related places. The day it came in everybody continued life as normal ,disregarding the government decree as anti choice and against the principles of the revolution. It was quietly forgotten and not resurrected until a considerable number of years later, when smoking was anyway of the wane and the process was introduced in a less abrupt manner.

Germany, too only complied to a ban on smoking later. This was under EU directive and not a government decision. They done it sensibly by allowing smoking areas in airports and the like. All stopped over time, in fact laws enacted when I was in the country at the time.
When they banned smoking in pubs and clubs over here a pub ashtray with cigarette butts was sealed in resin and sold on trademe for quite a good chunk of cash. Clever kiwi
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2019, 03:09 AM

6,053 posts, read 5,981,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
Haha, very nice. I set em up, you knock em down.
Well you will build 'houses of cards' on the thinnest of grounds.

Old 03-25-2019, 03:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue.red View Post
When they banned smoking in pubs and clubs over here a pub ashtray with cigarette butts was sealed in resin and sold on trademe for quite a good chunk of cash. Clever kiwi
A cleaver Kiwi, I like that. I expect the spot light of fame is still shining on that fellow.

Old 03-25-2019, 03:18 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,533,309 times
Quote:
Well you will build 'houses of cards' on the thinnest of grounds.
No, I just set you up to display your particular view on all things anti-Australia, and you give us all a good laugh. Win:Win. You're happy, the rest of us are happy.

Old 03-25-2019, 04:04 AM

Quote:
No, I just set you up to display your particular view on all things anti-Australia, and you give us all a good laugh. Win:Win. You're happy, the rest of us are happy.
Haven't you found a tourist to buy a beer for yet? laugh all you want, as written responses, I guess, not really your forte, but none laughing more than me as yet another house of cards collapses owing to poor ability in structure instalment. .

Old 03-25-2019, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Haven't you found a tourist to buy a beer for yet? laugh all you want, as written responses, I guess, not really your forte, but none laughing more than me as yet another house of cards collapses owing to poor ability in structure instalment. .
Peered reviewed scientific article and indisputable facts about Australia. Thats like a red rag to a bull to you isn't it troubes.

Old 03-25-2019, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Peered reviewed scientific article and indisputable facts about Australia. Thats like a red rag to a bull to you isn't it troubes.
Science by its nature, is only as conclusive, as until the next theory challenges the present status quo.

Australia is a changing smorgasbord ,with few indisputable facts, but assumptions and differing political angles attempting to sell own narrative as the 'truth'.

Old 03-25-2019, 08:05 PM

Also, of course, the more risk adverse a society becomes, the more control can be implemented. (purely for own good, of course, to wild public applause)

Old 03-25-2019, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Also, of course, the more risk adverse a society becomes, the more control can be implemented. (purely for own good, of course, to wild public applause)
Agreed.

Old 03-25-2019, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Science by its nature, is only as conclusive, as until the next theory challenges the present status quo.

Australia is a changing smorgasbord ,with few indisputable facts, but assumptions and differing political angles attempting to sell own narrative as the 'truth'.
Here are two indisputable facts: Australia is an ageing population, and Australia has one of the highest standards of living in the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand