Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2020, 05:39 AM

6,046 posts, read 5,956,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
Yeah the Gough question should be in the Trade War thread. I will head over there to explore your credibility.
You need firstly to learn a spot of Stralyn history. Not long so shouldn't be overly taxing. Off with you then. My credibility indeed. Junior on the key board again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2020, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sulkiercupid View Post
Accept that there are differences between Australia and Asia broadly on a cultural level, however at the same time I don't think we're that different. We seem too tied to our past and are not really keen to embrace the new reality, it's like we're in a forced marriage of convenience, not that it needs to be that way. Think attitudes will change with time, but it's a gradual process.
Attitudes have changed over time. Australia was akin to South Africa in racial sentiment until a point in the 80's when segments of the populace changed.
It took further time to embrace change but appears to be a continuing involving process. How we adapt to real Asian integration remains to be seen, but adapt will hardly be a choice over coming decades.

Old 05-20-2020, 07:15 AM

4,227 posts, read 4,892,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the troubadour View Post
Australia was akin to South Africa in racial sentiment until a point in the 80's when segments of the populace changed.
Hahaha.

I think we're getting close to peak troubes.

Old 05-20-2020, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCC_1 View Post
Hahaha.

I think we're getting close to peak troubes.
I guess you remain ignorant to social historical realities pre 2010.

Old 05-20-2020, 06:24 PM

Quote:
I guess you remain ignorant to social historical realities pre 2010.
Mate you're the one comparing 1980s Australia to apartheid South Africa. It's so good. We just give you the rope and you do the rest.

Old 05-20-2020, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Mate you're the one comparing 1980s Australia to apartheid South Africa. It's so good. We just give you the rope and you do the rest.
No you become informed. Put it down to a community service. Australia was the most similar in country terms in attitude to South Africa as likely to find.(changes arrived in the eighties) Sorry if bewildering to you but then I guess life must be a constant state of amazement to you. (pronouns in place) Don't tie yourself up in knots attempting a rebuke.

Old 05-20-2020, 09:25 PM

Quote:
No you become informed. Put it down to a community service. Australia was the most similar in country terms in attitude to South Africa as likely to find.(changes arrived in the eighties) Sorry if bewildering to you but then I guess life must be a constant state of amazement to you. (pronouns in place) Don't tie yourself up in knots attempting a rebuke.
There you go again presenting your half-cocked opinions as fact. Well done on the pronouns though.

Old 05-20-2020, 09:38 PM

Quote:
There you go again presenting your half-cocked opinions as fact. Well done on the pronouns though.
Not possessing awareness into Australian social history does not in any shape or form validate above comment. You really need to read up on just what sort of a society this was until rather recent times.
I don't just mean a Wikipedia entry but a true understanding of how life was before social media ….

Old 05-20-2020, 09:40 PM

Quote:
not possessing awareness into australian social history does not in any shape or form validate above comment. You really need to read up on just what sort of a society this was until rather recent times.
I don't just mean a wikipedia entry but a true understanding of how life was before social media ….
lol.

Old 05-20-2020, 09:46 PM

Quote:
lol.
Best get acquired with knowledge on subject. Laughing at ones own short comings doesn't usually eradicate ignorance. While I can accept laughing can be a way out of embarrassment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand