Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2020, 05:07 PM

6,046 posts, read 5,963,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
And Australia is China's most important supplier of their key essential resource requirement that fuels their rapacious growth goals. They will keep buying as has been discussed earlier.

Sure they will modify their consumption of other non essential resources for a while, and sure they will kill some Aussie criminals and accuse others of espionage, try to infiltrate government etc, but this muscle flexing is seen for what it is by the world.

There is no "blame" due for fully meeting a key customer resource demand while generating new markets and growing other existing ones. Australian businesses walk and chew gum at the same time. The notion that we shouldn't sell them the maximum amount of product we can is simply bizarre.
Hence you will find yourself in the situation now being experienced. As with most things it goers a bit deeper than you appear to adhere to.

Quite frankly, you'd do better looking beyond the comments of right wing commentators , with regards to what impact China could inflict on the economy. The Chinese inability to allow the 'loss of face', will ensure Australia has their work cut out to ensure economy doesn't take a massive nose dive.
Australia has thought for too long that they could get a' free ride' on the back of China's rise to greater prosperity. It certainly got the country through the 08 GFC. But reliance on China would obviously come at a price. (as with anywhere)

It wasn't just the ore trade but most everything China was being increasingly relied on. Main foreign student market that kept universities funded. Main tourist market that saw yearly increasing numbers to the extent that it became the largest and I think biggest spending incoming tourist market.

A major contributor to the housing price inflation in at least Sydney and Melbourne and apartment buyers in those cities.
Then for many years the major source of immigrants to Australia. There was little China wasn't influencing in Australia.

I don't recall Australia calling out China on their human rights issue. Not the style here.
So while Morrison may be sending some mixed messages for general consumption, as well as soaking up the approval from his mate Trump, it would likely be different messages behind the scenes in an attempt to 'cull the wrath of the dragon'.
A starter would be of course when the Chinese Foreign Minister would actually accept a call from his Australian counter part.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2020, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
I wouldn't want to give Trump too much credit for that. Anything he may have achieved was by accident and a function of the virus debacle.
I don't give Trump credit for anything positive and is a great danger to American democracy. One just has to hope no real emergency situation develops while he is President, as it would be magnified many times the poor handling and potential world crisis developing out of that.

To my mind Morrison is playing a bit of a Trump card. It could be giving him a hand up for the election? Odd Australia's critique of China has come when it has after years, no decades, of overlooking the abuses of China during this time.
Obviously criticism of China in America has a lot of advocates in States that matter in his reelection bid.

Old 07-01-2020, 12:51 AM

5,214 posts, read 4,026,336 times
^ Which also leaves you in odd position since you're naive to assume China for some perverted reason will prefer the UK, maybe they will hand Hong Kong back and obey the queen lol...

But that's ok since you're stuck in a timeloop around 2015 and think the only story that matters is about the 29 million romanians/hungarians/bulgarians coming to the uk meanwhile in 2020 there's only one story for every single country: Covid. Now check the % of covid cases in UK, America and then vs China and eastern europe for starters.

Old 07-01-2020, 04:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post
^ Which also leaves you in odd position since you're naive to assume China for some perverted reason will prefer the UK, maybe they will hand Hong Kong back and obey the queen lol...

But that's ok since you're stuck in a timeloop around 2015 and think the only story that matters is about the 29 million romanians/hungarians/bulgarians coming to the uk meanwhile in 2020 there's only one story for every single country: Covid. Now check the % of covid cases in UK, America and then vs China and eastern europe for starters.
I have some difficulty understanding the argument you are attempting to pass off. I make allowances for language, but even so you do set a challenge in comprehension.

Why would I think China would prefer the UK? On what grounds does your perverted thinking arrive at that conclusion? A very odd, to say the least comment, among a sea of odd comments from you.

Get over the inability to probably understandably, accept yourself as European. At least I would trust the figures as genuine coming out of places like Belgium, Netherlands, Germany , France , Luxembourg , Denmark, Ireland and so on. UK actually, I believe has had more than officially recorded.

But you are right. Better you stay home in Bulgar and 'feel safe' than venturing to places that may not be the most welcoming.

Old 07-01-2020, 04:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the troubadour View Post

Because the whole argument of your beloved Brexit was for the UK to leave the EU and focus on the anglosphere which also includes Hong Kong. I get it, Indians may be still dumb enough to fall for the "we shall serve white people from UK" kind of narrative but surely not China and UK's biggest asset will be to throw in propaganda of how bad china is and how Hong Kong isn't China etc.

In any case China hardly has any reason to consider the UK as something special, at least Australia is closer so maybe they have more benefits from them.

edit: It's also worrisome how every single sentence you come up with is a splendid bull****. Let's try with something easier: What's the capital of Spain? (I bet you'd say Tokyo now...).

Last edited by euro123; 07-01-2020 at 04:58 AM..

Old 07-01-2020, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Because the whole argument of your beloved Brexit was for the UK to leave the EU and focus on the anglosphere which also includes Hong Kong. I get it, Indians may be still dumb enough to fall for the "we shall serve white people from UK" kind of narrative but surely not China and UK's biggest asset will be to throw in propaganda of how bad china is and how Hong Kong isn't China etc.

In any case China hardly has any reason to consider the UK as something special, at least Australia is closer so maybe they have more benefits from them.

edit: It's also worrisome how every single sentence you come up with is a splendid bull****. Let's try with something easier: What's the capital of Spain? (I bet you'd say Tokyo now...).
Remind me the capital of Bulgar is Ankara or is it Moscow? Always confused somewhat with you Ottoman types.

Never mind, probably equally as confusing for you. But confusion appears all becoming of you. Cheering on Brexit? Really? Please do seek out some help. Delusional thought need not be the everyday pattern to existence.

You won't obviously be aware but Chinese immigration is number uno in Australia, as well as UK last figures I saw.

I thought it was Bulgars and Romanians serving those 'white ' people you write about in UK? I'm afraid I remain rather confused with the message you are attempting to relay.

Old 07-01-2020, 05:49 AM

^ Dude your country means "dog ****" these days (notice how I even use American spelling...) so stop being so proud of bs.

My point was that China gives zero f@cks about the UK but they think their country is some sort of world player just like the 19th century or like Bulgaria in the 9th century...to be honest if it wasn't for US action movies that I used to watch when I was around 10-12 I won't be using a word of your language and looks like the future belongs to Chinese and Spanish anyway, too bad language need a few 20-40 years to sink it and can't happen overnight or within a span of 5 years unlike the now sunk UK politics and economy.

Old 07-01-2020, 05:43 PM

Quote:
^ Dude your country means "dog ****" these days (notice how I even use American spelling...) so stop being so proud of bs.

My point was that China gives zero f@cks about the UK but they think their country is some sort of world player just like the 19th century or like Bulgaria in the 9th century...to be honest if it wasn't for US action movies that I used to watch when I was around 10-12 I won't be using a word of your language and looks like the future belongs to Chinese and Spanish anyway, too bad language need a few 20-40 years to sink it and can't happen overnight or within a span of 5 years unlike the now sunk UK politics and economy.
I remain confused. Which language is 'my language' for starters? Be that French or English as you have asserted that I am French, then English and German may even have been mentioned.
As I speak a few equally badly, or well depending on view point I suppose could lay claim to either, or there again neither. And yes I can write American as well. Nothing to 'big' yourself over be able to lay claim to that.

But I again don't get your point attempting to explain my point regarding UK. Must be my at times dodgy English then and your fluency in it that confuses. See I do possess the ability to 'be pleasant' to you.

But my confusion remains. This is the Australian/New Zealand forum. They are countries the other side of the world, not counties somewhere in UK. It must be confusing for you I realise, but do you have anything to actually comment on the relevant countries having 'strayed' inadvertently from UK Forum not realising the geographical separations involved and lumping those former British settlements as somewhere on the Sussex south coast.

Trust this clears up some all too obvious misunderstandings .

Old 07-02-2020, 12:31 AM

I didn't read your absurd rant and btw: what kind of "british nationalist" always writes here around early morning and stops at lunch? Are you in India/New Zealand or any place where the clock hits 10 PM and mom sends you to sleep? Even if you're british it's hilarious what kind of "nationalist" had spent such a long time abroad, basically proving how "amazing" the fog in the UK is. In any case I rest my case here, keep telling your half-thai, half-bankoki British people in New Zealand how great your country was when they lost to Croatia on the world cup.

Old 07-02-2020, 02:57 AM

Quote:
I didn't read your absurd rant and btw: what kind of "british nationalist" always writes here around early morning and stops at lunch? Are you in India/New Zealand or any place where the clock hits 10 PM and mom sends you to sleep? Even if you're british it's hilarious what kind of "nationalist" had spent such a long time abroad, basically proving how "amazing" the fog in the UK is. In any case I rest my case here, keep telling your half-thai, half-bankoki British people in New Zealand how great your country was when they lost to Croatia on the world cup.
Nope. Still no sense, I'm afraid. As I don't speak or read Bulgar, Turkish or Russian, some of those languages I suspect you may make possibly make a little more sense in,(although must express doubt there as well I'm afraid) the communication problem is obviously to overwhelming to expect you to contribute a sensible post.
They get more dafter each post. I can see you haven't sought out some help from professionals to help over come 'your problem' Or quite possibly the best in Bulgar can't arrive at a solution.

Do you have a reason to come onto the Australian/New Zealand Forum. I've explained to you that neither country is in Europe, hence your concerns over English weather reports and fogs over the channel are not really relevant. Now take a map, a quick glance can show you just where India is, then glance again to find Australia/New Zealand.
If you find yourself searching Sussex or Hampshire The Yorkshire Dales, a place called Scotland or another Wales you are seriously looking in the wrong place.

I wonder if anyone can direct me an outlet that sells iron curtains? Really need to reinstall one that was moved in error.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand