Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2021, 09:28 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,520,489 times

Advertisements

Some of the highlights so far today.

- We will soon be setting up internment camps for the unvaccinated
- The whole country is in Quarantine.
- We are regretting having no guns to overthrow the jack booted storm troopers and Government.
- We should be boycotted as a communist state and #boycottBrisbane2032 is kicking off!

It is truly a remarkable example of conspiracy theorist delusion. Almost feels like a scientific study group of the phenomena.

And for those that know me here to be a strong conservative politically, I am a left wing wokester to the "muh freedom" crowd in the crazy threads.

Oh and I think we are still shooting dogs to prevent covid as a national policy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2021, 09:30 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,520,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greysrigging View Post
I've had my first shot.....and guess what ? The 5G connection has booted up ! Y'all wanna know about the fake moon landings in 1969 ? Hell. the details have been directly beamed via contrails....
How good is this ?
Now you mention it, i think my download speeds are up a little.

Old 08-23-2021, 09:55 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,477,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
Now you mention it, i think my download speeds are up a little.
You should both be quarantined because you've now become WiFi "hot spots".

Old 08-23-2021, 10:06 PM

7,033 posts, read 4,950,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
Some of the highlights so far today.

- We will soon be setting up internment camps for the unvaccinated
- The whole country is in Quarantine.
- We are regretting having no guns to overthrow the jack booted storm troopers and Government.
- We should be boycotted as a communist state and #boycottBrisbane2032 is kicking off!

It is truly a remarkable example of conspiracy theorist delusion. Almost feels like a scientific study group of the phenomena.

And for those that know me here to be a strong conservative politically, I am a left wing wokester to the "muh freedom" crowd in the crazy threads.

Oh and I think we are still shooting dogs to prevent covid as a national policy.
Lol I wonder if they'll send the CIA over here like they did in the 70s

Old 08-26-2021, 04:06 PM

3,602 posts, read 2,304,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianVanAmstel View Post
Like a sci fi dystopian movie except it is real.

9News Sydney
@9NewsSyd
·
12h
#BREAKING: From September 13, NSW residents that are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 will be given new freedoms.

Residents of hotspots can leave home for an hour of recreation on top of their exercise hour, while people in other areas can meet five others outdoors.
https://twitter.com/9NewsSyd?ref_src...tmlpid17577356
Yes, we have accepted the lockdowns to enable everyone to have the opportunity to be vaccinated. We are in the middle of the worse part of the pandemic.

Surely you are aware many western countries have had measures that have been even stricter than this. Our little cousin in Italy was not allowed to leave her home for months last year.

Our measures have resulted in a death toll that is still less than 1,000.

Old 08-26-2021, 04:52 PM

5,101 posts, read 2,047,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarisaMay View Post
Yes, we have accepted the lockdowns to enable everyone to have the opportunity to be vaccinated. We are in the middle of the worse part of the pandemic.

Surely you are aware many western countries have had measures that have been even stricter than this. Our little cousin in Italy was not allowed to leave her home for months last year.
But at what price? I founded this Facebook post mentionned on an other forum.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/2480...74633876181758

Old 08-26-2021, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrw-500 View Post
But at what price? I founded this Facebook post mentionned on an other forum.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/2480...74633876181758
Yes that is very sad and we are well aware of the issues of mental health at this time. The chief psychiatrist was advising the government on the most appropriate measures which will help ease the pain of the restrictions.
Last time I looked, the suicide rate had not increased overall.

This virus has no good outcomes. We see in Indonesia, which is our neighbour, a large number of children have become orphans because of the virus. We do not want to see that happen here.

No country has come up with a great way to manage the virus which can protect both physical and mental health. We are surrounded by countries which have had much stricter measures at times.

I do not know your location, but if it is the US, would you seriously be recommending it as best practice?

Old 08-26-2021, 05:56 PM

5,101 posts, read 2,047,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarisaMay View Post
I do not know your location, but if it is the US, would you seriously be recommending it as best practice?
I'm Canadian, maybe just maybe we should have asked Sweden for some advices.

Then, we got to find some old newspaper clips who talked of the Spanish flu or Spanish influenza back then like in this old clip exterpted from the Spartanberg Herald-Journal. https://news.google.com/newspapers?n...g=7111,2927965

Old 08-26-2021, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrw-500 View Post
I'm Canadian, maybe just maybe we should have asked Sweden for some advices.

Then, we got to find some old newspaper clips who talked of the Spanish flu or Spanish influenza back then like in this old clip exterpted from the Spartanberg Herald-Journal. https://news.google.com/newspapers?n...g=7111,2927965
Sweden have had 1,400 deaths per million population, Australia has had 38.

The Spanish flu epidemic in Australia lasted longer than in the Northern hemisphere. Many of the measures used then have been used now, quarantine, closed borders, masks, closed schools etc.

Life was harder then. A lot of our soldiers had been fighting in WW1 in Europe for four years and then were kept quarantined in warships off the coast of Western Australia to try to keep out the flu. Which got in anyway.

There is so much misinformation around about the response. It can be very hurtful and damaging. Such as that blaming the death of a school student in northern Sydney on vaccination. Only certain areas of the west of the city have had their students even eligible for vaccination. The grieving family have had to put out information denying that he was vaccinated, or even could have been vaccinated and that he was negative to Covid.

Old 08-26-2021, 09:48 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,655,217 times
Four more days of lockdown for the South Island and most of the North Island .... assuming no cases appear before then.

Looks like another two weeks for Auckland and Northland.

Well, at least I've been able to catch up on a lot of jobs around the property.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand