Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2008, 09:09 AM

2,421 posts, read 6,956,682 times

Advertisements

British Airways in merger talks with Qantas - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

While it does seem to be a return to the good 'ol days? When Imperial Airways had part share in Qantas limited, Forming "Qantas Empire Airways". The proposed (re-) merger with British Airways, Could actually help Qantas out of some of the problems, That Australia's national airline seems to be experiencing lately?

Not that I'm advocating that we start selling everything back to England.

Last edited by Kangaroofarmer; 12-16-2008 at 09:22 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2009, 03:20 PM

50 posts, read 183,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangaroofarmer View Post
British Airways in merger talks with Qantas - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

While it does seem to be a return to the good 'ol days? When Imperial Airways had part share in Qantas limited, Forming "Qantas Empire Airways". The proposed (re-) merger with British Airways, Could actually help Qantas out of some of the problems, That Australia's national airline seems to be experiencing lately?

Not that I'm advocating that we start selling everything back to England.
Less competition in the market is always not good for consumers.

Old 02-12-2009, 10:24 PM

9,912 posts, read 13,903,517 times
Yeah, I miss TAA and Ansett.

QANTAS could just try lifting their game and not paying out these imbecile CEO's mega bonuses and golden handshakes for not performing, or outsourcing their maintenance and near on everything else.

British Airways is a great airline but we need more national carriers not less.

That said after my last debarcle with QANTAS I'm quite sure they'll understand when I book my next flight with United.

Old 02-13-2009, 12:56 PM

9,326 posts, read 22,021,405 times
I've never liked BA.. they have lost my luggage twice and I thought the service was fair. I used to love Qantas for sentimental reasons and I could read an Aussie paper on my way back to Oz. But after all the safety scare (are they blaming it on maintenance in Malaysia) I'm a little leary. I think a BA/Red Tail merge is underwhelming. Hmm.. lost luggage plus dubious maintenance = great confidence (sarcasm).

I look forward to trying V Australia on my way back this year. I've been pleased with ANZ and I still remember that wonderful Air Tahiti flight (food and french wine) that I took in 2006 back to Oz. I never thought I'd cheat on Qantas, but with al the bad publicity of late, I've gotten over feeling bad not flying the national carrier to that wonderful sunburnt country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand