Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 04:38 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,274,581 times

Advertisements

Right now I most want to live in the great city of Brisbane. Preferably the leafy inner eastern suburbs like Paddington, Redhill, Kenmore. They look really lush and foresty, and are so close to the city.

Other places would be near the wet tropics of Queensland and a quaint rural valley in Tasmania surrounded by tall mountain ash trees!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2009, 07:24 AM

339 posts, read 1,171,086 times
One of the great inner city suburbs in Sydney (i.e. Annandale, Milsons Pt, Surry Hills, Balmain, Newtown) or Melbourne (Sth Yarra, Prahran, Toorak, St Kilda).

Recently I've been getting homesick for Sydney after watching 'Bondi Rescue' marathons on the Australian Network and I have to keep reminding myself I actually don't like Bondi very much!! Arrggh!!!

Old 03-31-2009, 07:26 AM

9,325 posts, read 22,070,807 times
Adelaide or any place in the great state of South Australia because Jacqs expects me to say this.

Seriously, I don't like humidity so that rules out the top half. Nor do i like dry and 40 so I'd have to have a second place to escape heat waves. Oh God I'm turning temperature picky!

a. wine country of McClare Vale. My liver would hate me, but I'd be happy and nice beaches are close. I heard Margaret River would also be as nice. Don't know much about wine regions of Vic or NSW.. but I'd be open.
b. Kangaroo Island.. to escape people. Then again, its not hard to find a place with few people in Oz.
c. Tassie (summer). Hobart. For cooler climate, cheese and wine.
d. Melbourne (fall and spring). Culture and coffee. I'd live in Toorak, Prahran or South Yarra). Its too cold in winter (and to think I am currently in Canada). I'd also have a friend close by with whom I can discuss the latest Farmer wants a wife/husband episode.

Old 03-31-2009, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
d. Melbourne (fall and spring). Culture and coffee. I'd live in Toorak, Prahran or South Yarra).
I think we posted at the same time...we clearly have similar taste in suburbs!! However, I'd even put up with the cold to live there all year round.

Old 03-31-2009, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkgal View Post
I think we posted at the same time...we clearly have similar taste in suburbs!! However, I'd even put up with the cold to live there all year round.
OMG I just noticed that we did.. and within minutes of each other! I'm not so sure about St. Kilda though.. it was nice.. but not.. toorak.. LOL..
How do you feel about "farmer wants a wife/husband" ?

Old 03-31-2009, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
OMG I just noticed that we did.. and within minutes of each other! I'm not so sure about St. Kilda though.. it was nice.. but not.. toorak.. LOL..
How do you feel about "farmer wants a wife/husband" ?
Yes, St Kilda is a bit grittier than Toorak! It wouldn't be my first choice of all those places, but I still like it.

We have to make do with the offerings on the Australia Network and the few aussie programs that make it onto the Discovery network - and that doesn't include 'farmer wants a wife' I'm afraid. I think I've seen a NZ version though!? I'm sure if it were on here I'd be glued to the TV...nothing like a daft reality program to get me hooked!!

Old 03-31-2009, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkgal View Post
Yes, St Kilda is a bit grittier than Toorak! It wouldn't be my first choice of all those places, but I still like it.

We have to make do with the offerings on the Australia Network and the few aussie programs that make it onto the Discovery network - and that doesn't include 'farmer wants a wife' I'm afraid. I think I've seen a NZ version though!? I'm sure if it were on here I'd be glued to the TV...nothing like a daft reality program to get me hooked!!
At least you get the Australia network in HK. I'm lucky to find old McLeod's daughters episodes in Toronto. Though I did see a kiwi show on a dysfunctional family.. can't remember the name now. I liked it.

Old 03-31-2009, 04:16 PM

3,036 posts, read 5,942,647 times
Mini, have I ever mentioned your total predictability is one of the things I admire about you? 'Cos it's not!
Adelaide, Yaddalaide...I confess, never been to Kangaroo Island, been to Granite Island though!
Hmm, I like the countryside in South Aust (honest!) but if I absolutely HAD to live in Aust..oh wait, I do..um, Melbourne would be my preferred city. Because my better half expects (and would very much like if I did) me to say this, our property in northern NSW. It's lovely there, and I look forward to going, and I'm very lucky I can do so, and I should stop whinging...............but I miss Neeewwww Ooorrrrlleeeeeeeeeans.
That was just for you Mini!

Old 03-31-2009, 04:17 PM

3,036 posts, read 5,942,647 times
Oh, and in Melbourne, I'd live in Albert Pk I think. I'm a bit of a rev-head, as well as a red-head. ahaaha. Hm.

Old 03-31-2009, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacq63 View Post
Oh, and in Melbourne, I'd live in Albert Pk I think. I'm a bit of a rev-head, as well as a red-head. ahaaha. Hm.
Jacqs didn't you see that I also said Melbourne? Hah!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand