Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2010, 06:51 AM

9,803 posts, read 16,194,504 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimme3steps View Post

Thanks for the link.

I especially like the quote where Keslowski says he enjoys pulling up behind the bumper of other drivers and those drivers saying--"Oh no, not him "

Yup, as I stated...............Keslowski is so proud of his intimidating driving and spinning drivers out of the way........but if anyone retaliates, he and his daddy get upset.

I think his daddy raised a spoiled bully rather than a person who will grow up to be a respected race car driver.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2010, 09:43 AM

468 posts, read 827,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
Thanks for the link.

I especially like the quote where Keslowski says he enjoys pulling up behind the bumper of other drivers and those drivers saying--"Oh no, not him"

Hmmmmm............. doesn't this remind you of someone from the past?

Maybe Dale Earnhardt Sr.?

Seems like everyone thought that was just part of the sport back then, hence the name "Intimadator."

As for Keslowski, I am not a fan of his. But he was on probation and trying to stay clean. Busch knew this and took advantage of the situation. A punk move to say the least.

Yeah, the tread says Brad gets spun again. But this time it was blatantly intentional and should have been penalized by Nascar. But they wanted the hype and publicity of the 3-win weekend and no way would they interfere with that.

Let's just see how it all plays out in the future and if other drivers are extended the same pass that was given Busch.

Old 08-26-2010, 11:13 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,314,324 times
I agree with what you have posted RoadTravler. This is basically what I posted here a few days ago. Guess a lot of the fan base now are a different group of people--a different generation.

Old 08-26-2010, 11:31 AM

555 posts, read 1,573,716 times
This thread just sums up my thought about most newbie fans and bandwagoners. They put no thought into their statements.

Brad is aggressive, because, uhhhhhhhh.........you're supposed to be! I wish that we could put Cale, Richard, David, Buddy and Bobby on the track when they were in their prime, just so we could see Carl, Kyle, Denny, and the other wimps run home with their tail between their legs. If you can't take some bumping and rubbing, then get out of NASCAR. Maybe IndyCar or F1 will be better suited for them.

Carl and these punks are like the playground bully. They think they can do whatever they want. When someone pokes them with a stick, they think it's warranted to punch the poker in the face.

But they should know that they are never the biggest baddest person on the playground. They'll eventually pick on someone and lose a limb or more. And when it happens, I will feel no remorse, I will just be giving a big

Props to Brad for consistently racing hard and keeping his line and not laying over for his competitors just because he has less experience. Experience honestly should have nothing to do with it when you have the talent that Brad has.

Old 08-26-2010, 11:32 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
Thanks for the link.

I especially like the quote where Keslowski says he enjoys pulling up behind the bumper of other drivers and those drivers saying--"Oh no, not him "

Yup, as I stated...............Keslowski is so proud of his intimidating driving and spinning drivers out of the way........but if anyone retaliates, he and his daddy get upset.

I think his daddy raised a spoiled bully rather than a person who will grow up to be a respected race car driver.
i agree. brad needs to stop being a bully, and get down to racing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadTraveler View Post
Hmmmmm............. doesn't this remind you of someone from the past?

Maybe Dale Earnhardt Sr.?

Seems like everyone thought that was just part of the sport back then, hence the name "Intimadator."

As for Keslowski, I am not a fan of his. But he was on probation and trying to stay clean. Busch knew this and took advantage of the situation. A punk move to say the least.

Yeah, the tread says Brad gets spun again. But this time it was blatantly intentional and should have been penalized by Nascar. But they wanted the hype and publicity of the 3-win weekend and no way would they interfere with that.

Let's just see how it all plays out in the future and if other drivers are extended the same pass that was given Busch.
the huge difference between brad and dale sr is that when others retaliated against dale sr, he shrugged it off as "thats racing", where as brad complains "he hit me back!" a lot. dale sr was an intimidator no question, as was his father who earned the nickname ironheart.

as for kyhle busch and carl edwards, both of those drivers have proven that if you race them cleanly they will race you cleanly.

Old 08-26-2010, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
I agree with what you have posted RoadTravler. This is basically what I posted here a few days ago. Guess a lot of the fan base now are a different group of people--a different generation.
I had to go back and read what you posted as I had missed it.

Yes, pretty much sums up my feelings about it too.

I won't deny the talent and ability of both of these guys.
Kyle would have probably won all three races without wrecking Keslowski or even Cobb in the truck race.

But it just made him look like an ass when he did it.

I can't help but feel that he wants to be the Dale Earnhardt of the 21st century in driving ability and intimidation. But he will never win respect or multiple championships (or even one for that matter) with some of the temper tantrums he has pulled off in the past.

As much as I didn't like Earnhardt, he had a whole lot more class.

Old 08-26-2010, 12:32 PM

3,869 posts, read 4,080,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadTraveler View Post

Kyle would have probably won all three races without wrecking Keslowski or even Cobb in the truck race.
I don't know, that J Cobb would have given him trouble! He knew he had to take out his biggest competition, and she was it.

Old 08-26-2010, 12:55 PM

9,503 posts, read 9,821,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wGoshen View Post
This thread just sums up my thought about most newbie fans and bandwagoners. They put no thought into their statements.

Brad is aggressive, because, uhhhhhhhh.........you're supposed to be! I wish that we could put Cale, Richard, David, Buddy and Bobby on the track when they were in their prime, just so we could see Carl, Kyle, Denny, and the other wimps run home with their tail between their legs. If you can't take some bumping and rubbing, then get out of NASCAR. Maybe IndyCar or F1 will be better suited for them.

Carl and these punks are like the playground bully. They think they can do whatever they want. When someone pokes them with a stick, they think it's warranted to punch the poker in the face.

But they should know that they are never the biggest baddest person on the playground. They'll eventually pick on someone and lose a limb or more. And when it happens, I will feel no remorse, I will just be giving a big

Props to Brad for consistently racing hard and keeping his line and not laying over for his competitors just because he has less experience. Experience honestly should have nothing to do with it when you have the talent that Brad has.
Well said. Like I said in another post, it's hard to make a name for yourself in NASCAR now a days...Brad has found a way through all of that. I don't think he has been whining as much lately, he is starting to mature.

I found it interesting the article about Brad from the above link, was this quote:
Quote:
"Even when intentionally wrecking an opponent, there is a gentleman's code. You do it on the smaller, slower tracks to minimize the chance of injury. Atlanta is a 1.5-mile superspeedway. And you don't clip a car in the right rear. That almost inevitably spins the driver's side toward the wall. Cardinal rules don't seem matter to Edwards."

Old 08-26-2010, 01:57 PM

6,367 posts, read 16,875,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wGoshen View Post

Brad is aggressive, because, uhhhhhhhh.........you're supposed to be! I wish that we could put Cale, Richard, David, Buddy and Bobby on the track when they were in their prime, just so we could see Carl, Kyle, Denny, and the other wimps run home with their tail between their legs. If you can't take some bumping and rubbing, then get out of NASCAR. Maybe IndyCar or F1 will be better suited for them. Couldn't you swap Kyle's name for Brad's and make the same statement?

Carl and these punks are like the playground bully. They think they can do whatever they want. When someone pokes them with a stick, they think it's warranted to punch the poker in the face. Or you could just let the punk keep poking you.

But they should know that they are never the biggest baddest person on the playground. They'll eventually pick on someone and lose a limb or more. And when it happens, I will feel no remorse, I will just be giving a big That's why they get paid the big bucks.

Props to Brad for consistently racing hard and keeping his line and not laying over for his competitors just because he has less experience. Experience honestly should have nothing to do with it when you have the talent that Brad has. Given enough time, he may become a respected driver but he's not even close now.
I'm not a huge KB fan or a BK fan at all, but I have to give them their due. They both can wheel a racecar.

And you're right. It's easy to spot the newbies.

Old 08-26-2010, 02:18 PM

Hmmmmm............ wonder if Keslowski was running in this race too.

Kyle Busch Spins Out At Olathe Go-Kart Track - Kansas City News Story - KMBC Kansas City (http://www.kmbc.com/news/24762250/detail.html - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing