Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2012, 09:33 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,391,312 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimme3steps View Post
I'd love to see Dodge come back. Anything is better than seeing those damn Toyotas running up front at most races.

I wonder how soon Hendrick will switch to Toyota?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2012, 10:08 AM

6,367 posts, read 16,875,393 times
Hendrick to Toyota? Never happen. Why switch from the best?

Old 11-03-2012, 10:59 AM
PDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimme3steps View Post
Hendrick to Toyota? Never happen. Why switch from the best?
The best in NASCAR has nothing to do with brand it everything to do with who spends the most money and right now it appears Toyota is tops in that category.

Hendrick has used his $influence$ to get what he wanted before but GM doesn't have as much money as Toyota so he could switch.

You think brand makes a difference? How long you been watching NASCAR?

Here's how it works in all kinds of racing, whoever spends the most of these $$$$ gets the most trophy's.

Old 11-03-2012, 02:14 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,565,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
The best in NASCAR has nothing to do with brand it everything to do with who spends the most money and right now it appears Toyota is tops in that category.

Hendrick has used his $influence$ to get what he wanted before but GM doesn't have as much money as Toyota so he could switch.

Here's how it works in all kinds of racing, whoever spends the most of these $$$$ gets the most trophy's.
No reason for Hendrick to switch because GM will do whatever Hendrick needs them to, even if it causes another GM team to get slighted. Hendrick has put 10 Cup trophies in GM's trophy case.
That is why Gibbs moved to Toyota, to be the top tier manufacturer team, with GM Gibbs was always going to be the 2nd runner up behind Hendrick & Childress.

Old 11-04-2012, 05:17 AM

6,367 posts, read 16,875,393 times
Quote:
Hey, if that's what it takes...

Quote:
If that's the case, Roush needs to call Toyota immediately.

Quote:
Not long, maybe 40 years.

Quote:
OK then

Old 11-04-2012, 07:27 AM
PDD

There are two different groups of NASCAR owners.
Those that suck up to the NASCAR ownership.
Hendrick
MWR
And those who don't suck up,
Roush
Childress
Penske
Gibbs

I choose to those root for those teams who like to play by the rules. If they win the championship that's good, if not that's good too as long as they don't suck up to NASCAR

BTW, Roush probably builds and sells more Chevy racing engines than Hendrick does. If Roush thought Chevy power was better he would run Chevy's.
If Penske thought Chevy power was better he would have switched back to Chevy instead of Ford.

Old 11-04-2012, 08:42 AM

Quote:
There are two different groups of NASCAR owners.
Those that suck up to the NASCAR ownership.
Hendrick
MWR
And those who don't suck up,
Roush
Childress
Penske
Gibbs

I choose to those root for those teams who like to play by the rules. If they win the championship that's good, if not that's good too as long as they don't suck up to NASCAR

BTW, Roush probably builds and sells more Chevy racing engines than Hendrick does. If Roush thought Chevy power was better he would run Chevy's.
If Penske thought Chevy power was better he would have switched back to Chevy instead of Ford.
As I eluded to earlier it's not so much about the power as it is the support, Roush is Ford's top tier team, there is nobody else. Penske has resources to bring to Ford as far as R&D is concerned which can only benefit the three entities and the also-rans. This is why Gibbs switched to Toyota. Toyota needed a top tier team to expand and aid it's program and Gibbs wasn't going to be content playing 3rd fiddle in the Chevy line-up.
While your statement may or may not be true about who sells the most Chevy racing engines it is abundantly clear who the primary choice is in the Cup division.
Look at the past champions, overwhelmingly Chevy:
List of NASCAR Sprint Cup Series champions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 11-04-2012, 03:59 PM
PDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
As I eluded to earlier it's not so much about the power as it is the support, Roush is Ford's top tier team, there is nobody else. Penske has resources to bring to Ford as far as R&D is concerned which can only benefit the three entities and the also-rans. This is why Gibbs switched to Toyota. Toyota needed a top tier team to expand and aid it's program and Gibbs wasn't going to be content playing 3rd fiddle in the Chevy line-up.
While your statement may or may not be true about who sells the most Chevy racing engines it is abundantly clear who the primary choice is in the Cup division.
Look at the past champions, overwhelmingly Chevy:
List of NASCAR Sprint Cup Series champions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Nobody will ever deny that GM supports racing more than any other manufacture.
But I was never one to jump on the winners band wagon.
I rooted for the Dodgers instead of the Yanks, Jets instead of the Giants.
Sadly I was a bandwagon Ford fan back when Holman Moody was the dominant force in NASCAR but those days are long gone.

I will say this when a Ford or Dodge can beat out Hendrick, the victory is much sweeter for the fans.

Lucky for me the greatest one race achievement belong to Bill Elliott not counting the all time qualifying records. Even Rick Hendrick will never lay claim to those records.

Old 11-04-2012, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Nobody will ever deny that GM supports racing more than any other manufacture.
But I was never one to jump on the winners band wagon.
I rooted for the Dodgers instead of the Yanks, Jets instead of the Giants.
Sadly I was a bandwagon Ford fan back when Holman Moody was the dominant force in NASCAR but those days are long gone.

I will say this when a Ford or Dodge can beat out Hendrick, the victory is much sweeter for the fans.

Lucky for me the greatest one race achievement belong to Bill Elliott not counting the all time qualifying records. Even Rick Hendrick will never lay claim to those records.
I have always pulled for my favorite driver- whatever he might be driving. I did have a bias for RYR in his heyday as they were making some badass power, even with the plates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing