Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 06:44 AM

2,609 posts, read 4,360,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW-type-gal View Post
First Lotus has to pay off THIS year's debts, including the money the owe Kimi. What a miserable race for Kimi - out in the first corner complex from trying to aggressively past the slowest car in the race.

I don't dislike Vettel, but I stopped watching F1 during the "Schumacher parade" years. Fortunately, while there are some teams you can expect to see in the top 10, it isn't a parade yet - there is still passing and still racing, something noticeably absent during those earlier years.
The amount of the deal is enough for Lotus to pay off all their debts and pay Raikkonen. From the article:

Ijaz revealed that the major investment deal will allow Lotus to pay off its debts, pay off suppliers – and also settle its pay dispute with Raikkonen.

As AUTOSPORT revealed earlier, Raikkonen has now reached a deal with Lotus to sort out his issues and will now race in the final two grands prix of the 2013 season.

I agree that there is still a lot of racing going on outside of what is happening with Vettel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2013, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean71 View Post
Still singing the same tune?
Haha... I'd love to see what he says now. Maybe all these recent points were just a fluke?

Old 11-06-2013, 10:48 AM

245 posts, read 298,441 times
I know its late but it seems like Red Bull are only developing one car but not developing Webber's car thats why it breaksdown a lot

Old 11-07-2013, 05:24 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mos1992 View Post
I know its late but it seems like Red Bull are only developing one car but not developing Webber's car thats why it breaksdown a lot
While I don't doubt Newey may well slant his design work to support Vettel's driving style it would be against Red Bull's interests to not do as well as possible with both cars.

Old 11-07-2013, 07:57 AM

7,785 posts, read 18,828,163 times
The Red Bulls have had two main problems this season and last - KERS and alternator issues. I've read that it is because the cooling for the electronics package is minimal, mostly because of Newey's tight aero design. Both Webber and Vettel have had KERS issues that hampered them in racing and qaulifying and both of them have had retirements from electrical and transmission issues. Maybe Webber slightly more, but not really enough times that you can point a finger and say "Hah! See?"

Definitely the entire Red Bull package suits Vettel and I have no doubt that design changes have been toward's Vettel's style and preferences. It is true that in modern cars it is a combination of driver and car, the days of a good driver being able to hop into any car on the grid and be the fastest are long gone. Webber is just fractions of a second slower than Vettel in the car, but I don't think it is from Red Bull giving Webber a poor car. On the other hand, Vettel is a genius on a full tank and cold tires. The way he pulls out from the field (granted, he's not racing anyone as he pulls ahead) is phenomenal.

Old 11-07-2013, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW-type-gal View Post
Definitely the entire Red Bull package suits Vettel and I have no doubt that design changes have been toward's Vettel's style and preferences. It is true that in modern cars it is a combination of driver and car, the days of a good driver being able to hop into any car on the grid and be the fastest are long gone. Webber is just fractions of a second slower than Vettel in the car, but I don't think it is from Red Bull giving Webber a poor car. On the other hand, Vettel is a genius on a full tank and cold tires. The way he pulls out from the field (granted, he's not racing anyone as he pulls ahead) is phenomenal.

I for one would LOVE to see them again!

Old 11-11-2013, 08:10 AM

6,467 posts, read 8,188,270 times
Kevin Magnussen closes on 2014 McLaren F1 seat over Sergio Perez
From Autosport:
Kevin Magnussen, a 21 year old Dane, is now favourite to land the second 2014 seat at McLaren, AUTOSPORT has learned, following a series of meetings at the team over the past week.

From Wikipedia:
Magnussen had his first experience of the McLaren MP4-27 Formula One car on track at the Abu Dhabi Young Driver test on 6 November 2012. He set a quickest time of 1:42.651. Previously he had done work in the team's driving simulator. Kevin's time was the best of the three-day test impressing McLaren's sporting director Sam Michael. The distance he covered in the course of the test was sufficient to earn his F1 Superlicence.

Old 11-11-2013, 09:04 AM

I read about that yesterday. I think they should keep Perez as he has more promise and is on his way up, whereas Button seems to be winding down.

Also, Raikonnen won't be racing the final two races as he is having back surgery.

Old 11-12-2013, 02:08 PM

Perez is out and Magnussen is in at McLaren, Massa is at Williams.

Old 11-23-2013, 06:40 AM

I was kinda surprised Austin didn't continue with Pirelli Stetsons for the top 3 on the podium.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing