Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2013, 12:08 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,827,890 times

Advertisements

F1 is terribly arrogant as far as drivers. Basically even the access to drivers is carefully controlled and never will you see reports having access to drivers as they do in NASCAR before and after a race. politics of F1 between Bernie ;FIA and teams is famous .The bad feeling between many drivers altho controlled still gets out. Team drivers seldom get along based on the their status with the team. Few times do you not see in fight among drivers on a team.Its the system I F! because of expense that drives this. each team has a number #1 driver and we saw what happens if not with Sienna and Prost. Same with Alonso and Hamliton when team mates. Schumacher would never allow any team mate to be equal. Vettel is the same way. Definite pecking order in F1 on all top teams. its now common with Alanso and Hamilton since Vettel having won so much at his age for them to dish Vettel by calling each other the best driver in F1 but no one fails to see the reason and the egos behind it. Vettel seems like Schumacher in that he could careless as he looks at the end game. Look at his reaction to Canadian fans booing him in winners stand. You do not see that in NASCAR winners circle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2013, 06:02 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,302,985 times
I just needed to get my feelings off my chest. My DH is quite ill with ALS now and even a call from one of those guys he worked so hard to help out would be nice. No need to even think about it now---times have changed and people are different. Just needed to rant.

Old 06-17-2013, 07:46 AM

And as far as excuses--there are none in my book! One of the top sprint cup drivers does not even acknowledge everything his own father has done for him and his father gave his all..just no respect..in fact his father told us he no longer has a son. I'm sure it's not just in NASCAR...but I sure can remember the days when the sponsors, family and the people who got them started were always mentioned and thought about and still to this day those old timers remember their roots. It's a different era and sadly a different set of morals. It is just the way it is today! So now I have got it off my chest....

Last edited by cynwldkat; 06-17-2013 at 08:12 AM..

Old 06-17-2013, 09:06 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,363,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
F1 is terribly arrogant as far as drivers. Basically even the access to drivers is carefully controlled and never will you see reports having access to drivers as they do in NASCAR before and after a race. politics of F1 between Bernie ;FIA and teams is famous
While in NASCAR what a driver says is carefully controlled with the result being the same...........BORING!

I miss the days in F1 when James Hunt might win and be late to the podium, busy hanging out with friends in the car park and drinking beer and in NASCAR when you just never knew what someone like Curtis Turner might say in the winner's circle.

Nowadays we'd see a F1 driver being fined for being late to the podium and a NASCAR driver docked race points for something he says. There's certainly LOTS more $$$ involved but IMO the loss of 'characters' among the participants is anything but progress.

Old 06-17-2013, 09:06 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,827,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean71 View Post
I see what you're getting at, but F1 is totally different. The arrogance isn't nearly as bad. Can't remember the last time i've seen a fight in the paddock. The politics and money aspects are also very different.
F1 drivers are not arrogant? rubbish, they are the MOST arrogant drivers in the world. they are constantly told that they are at the top of the sport, that F1 is the greatest racing series, etc. and they believe it. as for the politics, F1 is the worst politically than any other sanctioning body in the world. and money? honda spends more on their engine program for F1 than ford, toyota, and GM spend on ALL their nascar programs and arca programs combined.

Old 06-17-2013, 09:16 AM

6,367 posts, read 16,868,677 times
No need to turn this into a NASCAR vs F1 argument. Plenty of other threads for that.

cynwldkat, best wishes to your husband and yourself.

Old 06-17-2013, 09:18 AM

6,467 posts, read 8,183,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Team drivers seldom get along based on the their status with the team. Few times do you not see in fight among drivers on a team.Its the system I F! because of expense that drives this. each team has a number #1 driver and we saw what happens if not with Sienna and Prost. Same with Alonso and Hamliton when team mates. Schumacher would never allow any team mate to be equal. Vettel is the same way. Definite pecking order in F1 on all top teams. its now common with Alanso and Hamilton since Vettel having won so much at his age for them to dish Vettel by calling each other the best driver in F1 but no one fails to see the reason and the egos behind it. Vettel seems like Schumacher in that he could careless as he looks at the end game. Look at his reaction to Canadian fans booing him in winners stand. You do not see that in NASCAR winners circle.
Vettel has become Red Bull's #1 driver simply by outclassing Webber. He started out as the #2 back in 2009. The booing in Monteral was embarrassing to witness. I think many spectators, especially in Canada and United States, become Ferrari fans by default. It is the equivalent of Manchester United in soccer.

I think Alonso is the most arrogant driver. He could not handle the brilliance of Hamilton at McLaren. Fortunately, since 2010 he has had a very obedient teammate.

Hamilton and Rosberg are friends. The live in the same apartment building in Monaco. I do not think Hamilton asked for a #1 seat, only a competitive car and a fat salary

Old 06-17-2013, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimme3steps View Post
No need to turn this into a NASCAR vs F1 argument. Plenty of other threads for that.

cynwldkat, best wishes to your husband and yourself.
Correct--no need to compare apples to oranges..this was about NASCAR and our personal dealings with them.
And thank you very much for the best wishes--they are appreciated.

Old 06-17-2013, 06:49 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,559,235 times
While I respect the basis of the OP's rant the generalization of the driver's attitudes as a whole is off base. There are a few current drivers who have used their "money" to save some local tracks which would otherwise have gone under. You know those tracks the so-called-stay-with-their-roots-core-because-NASCAR-sucks-and-the-races-are-too-expensive fans conveniently forgot about.

Old 06-17-2013, 06:59 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,559,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
While in NASCAR what a driver says is carefully controlled with the result being the same...........BORING!

I miss the days in F1 when James Hunt might win and be late to the podium, busy hanging out with friends in the car park and drinking beer and in NASCAR when you just never knew what someone like Curtis Turner might say in the winner's circle.

Nowadays we'd see a F1 driver being fined for being late to the podium and a NASCAR driver docked race points for something he says. There's certainly LOTS more $$$ involved but IMO the loss of 'characters' among the participants is anything but progress.
This is the downside of big $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ being pumped into the sport.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing