Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2018, 05:07 PM

890 posts, read 1,850,071 times

Advertisements

Yeah, Aric is a good guy. It would have been something to have him to win in the 10.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2018, 05:24 PM

17,587 posts, read 15,266,523 times
Happy for Bubba getting a second place finish.. But seemed like he didn't have a whole lot of room to be upset with Hamlin. He ran into Hamlin coming to the checkers and at the very least, Disturbed Hamlins car. You could see him swinging back and forth trying to regain control and.. You're gonna go up the track when that happens. Whether Bubba really cut his tire down or not.. I can't say.

Bubba did what he had to do there, and I don't see any fault in it from either side.

Old 02-18-2018, 05:42 PM

5,674 posts, read 5,885,028 times
Changed soon as Dillon won. Don't like that kid, and his stupid looking cowboy hat.

Bubba definitely has a new fan here!!

Last edited by UpstateJohn; 02-18-2018 at 05:50 PM..

Old 02-18-2018, 06:42 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbbd View Post
Tough break? Dillon ran over him.
more like when dillon moved down the track, the air got taken off almirolas spoiler, and got packed up into his left rear quarter panel, so what was dillon supposed to do? slow down?

Old 02-18-2018, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
more like when dillon moved down the track, the air got taken off almirolas spoiler, and got packed up into his left rear quarter panel, so what was dillon supposed to do? slow down?
Is that the millenial way of saying he just wanted to rattle his cage?

Please. A “tough break” is blowing a tire going into turn 3 on the last lap, running out of fuel or some other mechanical issue.

Almirola was cleanly in front of him 1/2 way down the backstretch and he had a lane to his left to attempt a pass. What he did isn’t racing.

Quote:
“I did what I had to do there at the end,” Dillon said. “I hate it for the No. 10 (Almirola’s) guys. We had a run, and I stayed in the gas. It is what it is here at Daytona.
https://www.nascar.com/news-media/20...s-daytona-500/

Last edited by dbbd; 02-18-2018 at 08:09 PM..

Old 02-18-2018, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Is that the millenial way of saying he just wanted to rattle his cage?

Please. A “tough break” is blowing a tire going into turn 3 on the last lap, running out of fuel or some other mechanical issue.

Almirola was cleanly in front of him 1/2 way down the backstretch and he had a lane to his left to attempt a pass. What he did isn’t racing.

https://www.nascar.com/news-media/20...s-daytona-500/
oh please, i am far from a millenial trust me. i was alive when the first daytona 500 was run. what dillon did was in fact racing. he had a run on almirola, and moved down to his left. that act took the air off almirolas spoiler, and packed it on his left quarter panel which is what turned almirola around. the same thing happened earlier in the race as well but not with dillon. with the current rules these cars are more unstable than last years cars. nice try but you fail.

Old 02-18-2018, 08:51 PM

Quote:
oh please, i am far from a millenial trust me. i was alive when the first daytona 500 was run. what dillon did was in fact racing. he had a run on almirola, and moved down to his left. that act took the air off almirolas spoiler, and packed it on his left quarter panel which is what turned almirola around. the same thing happened earlier in the race as well but not with dillon. with the current rules these cars are more unstable than last years cars. nice try but you fail.
Nice job avoiding Dillon’s own quote admitting what he did.

He could have gone to the left, picked up Hamlin in the process. If Almirola blocks that and they wreck so be it.

Last edited by dbbd; 02-18-2018 at 09:03 PM..

Old 02-18-2018, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Nice job avoiding Dillon’s own quote admitting what he did.

He could have gone to the left, picked up Hamlin in the process. If Almirola blocks that and they wreck so be it.
i herd what he said in the post race interview, i also watched the incident. so again i ask you what was he supposed to do? stop? its called racing my friend, and in a race things happen. guys get a run, the air comes off spoilers, high pressure air hits a quarter panel and said driver spins, it happens.

ps, ok after watching the video again, i was wrong, but almirola did throw a block while dillon had a run on him. in the end it was a racing incident at the end of the race when EVERYONE was doing what they had to do to win the race. o again i ask you, just what was dillon supposed to do? stop? say gee whiz almirola blocked me so i couldnt do anything even though i had a run on him? almirola was just as much as fault in that incident as dillon was.

tough for almirola, good for dillon. perhaps next time the roles will be reversed.

Old 02-18-2018, 11:33 PM

17,587 posts, read 15,266,523 times
Quote:
i herd what he said in the post race interview, i also watched the incident. so again i ask you what was he supposed to do? stop? its called racing my friend, and in a race things happen. guys get a run, the air comes off spoilers, high pressure air hits a quarter panel and said driver spins, it happens.

ps, ok after watching the video again, i was wrong, but almirola did throw a block while dillon had a run on him. in the end it was a racing incident at the end of the race when EVERYONE was doing what they had to do to win the race. o again i ask you, just what was dillon supposed to do? stop? say gee whiz almirola blocked me so i couldnt do anything even though i had a run on him? almirola was just as much as fault in that incident as dillon was.

tough for almirola, good for dillon. perhaps next time the roles will be reversed.
Throwing the blocks is the problem here. Almirola did what he had to do, he had to know he was going to get bumped.. I'm not positive the bump from Dillon wasn't intentionally offset.. But, benefit of the doubt to both.

Amazing how a driver change on the 10 car changed how it ran through the race, eh?

How do you fix that? I don't know. I do recall the 2000/2001 aero package made it so that you could pass without a whole lot of help. Got Earnhardt his final win.

BTW.. While a 22nd place finish is hardly cause for celebration.. The 66 year old Mark Thompson.. Good on him.

The top 6.. People have pointed out the top 2 and top 3.. But.. I wonder when the last time the 3, 43, 11 and 21 were in the top 6 together. Likely the 4 most iconic numbers in the sport.

One other thing.. Where was Bowyer all day? I didn't get to start watching until almost the end of stage 2.. But I didn't see him mentioned or anything all day. I see he finished a lap down.. But I don't recall seeing him involved in any of the incidents.. I just flat out don't recall seeing him once.

Old 02-19-2018, 04:17 AM

5,674 posts, read 5,885,028 times
Bowyer was on 7 cylinders a good portion of the final stage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing