Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2010, 05:08 PM

183 posts, read 322,783 times

Advertisements

Basically, yes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2010, 06:42 PM

13,005 posts, read 18,903,092 times
Barney Fife may have been posted there due to a high accident rate on that road. So by egging on the other driver you could have caused another accident.

Old 07-24-2010, 07:01 PM

9,131 posts, read 20,006,903 times
Sounds like a dangerous game to me.

The next person you want to bait into being a victim might not just want to race to try and show you up. Maybe he runs you off the road, pulls a gun, or otherwise is able to do you physical harm.

Another thought. Barney is going to catch on to your game. He will start to recognize a pattern in the stories of those he is stopping, and start to connect your truck with all these stories.

Old 07-24-2010, 07:06 PM

9,229 posts, read 8,547,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansProof View Post
It is times like this where I wonder if there is a special place in hell for me"
Not a bad person. An immature person, but not a bad one.

Old 07-24-2010, 07:52 PM

498 posts, read 1,455,615 times
Pretty much.

Old 07-24-2010, 08:02 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,021,443 times
Baney fife may catch onto you & your dangerous game. Not all cops are dumb.

Old 07-24-2010, 09:57 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,858,983 times
One time I was getting onto the Bay Bridge in Oakland on a nice, sunny day... top down... you know, California. Good stuff.

So as I'm sitting in line, this dude in previous-model Jag sedan pulls up alongside me and tries to muscle in front. There's like ten feet between the front bumper of my car and the divider to make sure you don't slam into the toll booth, and I'm already moving - I just honk at him. He whips his wheel back over and I see him drop his Blackberry - he looks at me and starts screaming. Chunky dude, 40's, slicked back hair... prototypical "I flip houses for a living" sort of guy.

Well, I go through the toll booth and let her rip - my car has a 9,000 RPM redline, it was made to blow away from toll booths. I rev up, get to about 70, and cruise. Then, a silver Jag flies up alongside, and the guy is still screaming at me from behind his window. He gets in front, brake checks me, I go to move to the left, he tries to block me, I fake to the right, he still tries to block me, I drop it down a gear, floor it, get around him, and just basically speed the hell away.

He's nowhere to be seen, and I get off at the first exit to get to downtown. Just my luck, I hit traffic... and sure enough, he comes off, sees me, pulls alongside me, and finally rolls down his window to scream at me: basically expletives about what he perceives my sexuality to be. I don't say anything to him and just sort of sit there, not wanting to escalate the situation.

Next light, he honks, I look over, and he's making a fellating motion at me and pointing. I look back to the front, glance in the rearview mirror... there's a cop two cars behind me.

So, I look back over at him, don't say anything, but lift my finger at him. He starts flying off the handle again, and screams "I'M GONNA BREAK YOUR F'IN NECK YOU etc etc etc." I still don't say anything, but make a motion for him to come on and try. He goes berserk, undoes his belt, jumps out of the car, and runs around the hood - screaming - and then...

*BWEEEOOP!*

The cops don't see me baiting him, they just see some dude getting all road-ragey in mid-afternoon traffic. He stops dead in his tracks, and traffic start to move... I wait till I see the door on the cop car pop, and then drive away, leaving him to his fate...

My car was brand-spanking new and still had dealer plates No way for the cops to run it and try to get "my side of the story."

Last edited by 415_s2k; 07-24-2010 at 10:55 PM..

Old 07-24-2010, 10:22 PM

6,367 posts, read 16,871,001 times
It's gettin' deep in here

Old 07-24-2010, 10:34 PM

226 posts, read 559,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
One time I was getting onto the Bay Bridge in Oakland on a nice, sunny day... top down... you know, California. Good stuff.

So as I'm sitting in line, this dude in previous-model Jag sedan pulls up alongside me and tries to muscle in front. There's like ten feet between the front bumper of my car and the divider to make sure you don't slam into the phone booth, and I'm already moving - I just honk at him. He whips his wheel back over and I see him drop his Blackberry - he looks at me and starts screaming. Chunky dude, 40's, slicked back hair... prototypical "I flip houses for a living" sort of guy.

Well, I go through the toll booth and let her rip - my car has a 9,000 RPM redline, it was made to blow away from toll booths. I rev up, get to about 70, and cruise. Then, a silver Jag flies up alongside, and the guy is still screaming at me from behind his window. He gets in front, brake checks me, I go to move to the left, he tries to block me, I fake to the right, he still tries to block me, I drop it down a gear, floor it, get around him, and just basically speed the hell away.

He's nowhere to be seen, and I get off at the first exit to get to downtown. Just my luck, I hit traffic... and sure enough, he comes off, sees me, pulls alongside me, and finally rolls down his window to scream at me: basically expletives about what he perceives my sexuality to be. I don't say anything to him and just sort of sit there, not wanting to escalate the situation.

Next light, he honks, I look over, and he's making a fellating motion at me and pointing. I look back to the front, glance in the rearview mirror... there's a [/i]cop[/i] two cars behind me.

So, I look back over at him, don't say anything, but lift my finger at him. He starts flying off the handle again, and screams "I'M GONNA BREAK YOUR F'IN NECK YOU etc etc etc." I still don't say anything, but make a motion for him to come on and try. He goes berserk, undoes his belt, jumps out of the car, and runs around the hood - screaming - and then...

*BWEEEOOP!*

The cops don't see me baiting him, they just see some dude getting all road-ragey in mid-afternoon traffic. He stops dead in his tracks, and traffic start to move... I wait till I see the door on the cop car pop, and then drive away, leaving him to his fate...

My car was brand-spanking new and still had dealer plates No way for the cops to run it and try to get "my side of the story."
I'd call that a good "bait". Nice job!

Old 07-24-2010, 10:40 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,954,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvande55 View Post
Barney Fife may have been posted there due to a high accident rate on that road. So by egging on the other driver you could have caused another accident.
Zero chance of that. The only reason he was there is because there is easy pickings for revenue fines.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive