Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2010, 10:47 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,060,394 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimme3steps View Post
it's gettin' deep in here
LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2010, 10:54 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,374,394 times
Yet another confirmation of my suspicion that we need to stop handing out drivers licenses to any mouth-breathing wally who shows up with a sawbuck or two. Hopefully next time Barney will a friend concealed elsewhere who gets both of you for reckless endangerment. Or better yet you'll bait the wrong person and go out in glorious Easy Rider fashion. One can hope anyway.

Old 07-24-2010, 11:08 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,899,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Yet another confirmation of my suspicion that we need to stop handing out drivers licenses to any mouth-breathing wally who shows up with a sawbuck or two. Hopefully next time Barney will a friend concealed elsewhere who gets both of you for reckless endangerment. Or better yet you'll bait the wrong person and go out in glorious Easy Rider fashion. Here's to hoping.
I think it's wrong to wish that sort of fate (i.e., shotgun blast, explosion, death, etc) upon anyone.

I don't condone picking a fight with anyone. In my case, the dude was following me, threatening me, shrieking at me, mad/unstable enough to take the bait and jump out of his car, so I feel no guilt for this situation.

Hell, when I lived in LA, they always put speed traps up Lincoln Boulevard, north of Venice; south, you had Marina Del Rey, and the speed limit was 45. Then, within a block, it dropped to 35, then 30 the next block, and then 25... I lived right off Lincoln and knew it was there, so I'd either avoid it, or drop down to 25 as soon as I crossed Venice. I drove a silver Jetta VR6 at the time that had blacked out signals and brake lights, tinted windows, black rims, and some engine mods, and admittedly, I did race it in the canyons, but I never raced on the surface streets. Kids in Hondas or other VW's were always trying to race me at lights, and I'd try to warn them what was ahead, but they usually thought I was calling them out and just swore back at me.

So they'd pass Venice going 40, 50, 60, 70, then POW, two motorcycles would come out and nail them (at the time, the LAPD had just started using BMW R1200's, they were on your bumper in a heartbeat). I'd roll by going 25 and thinking to myself that the guy in that car probably wanted to kill me at that moment...

Old 07-24-2010, 11:13 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,374,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
I think it's wrong to wish that sort of fate (i.e., shotgun blast, explosion, death, etc) upon anyone.
Yeah, boo hoo. If he wants to deliberately create situations that endanger other people's lives, then I hope he gets taken out before he or his actions take out someone else. Play with fire, get burned, watch me not cry.

Old 07-24-2010, 11:18 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,899,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Yeah, boo hoo. If he wants to deliberately create situations that endanger other people's lives, then I hope he gets taken out before he or his actions take out someone else. Play with fire, get burned, watch me not cry.
Okay...

Old 07-25-2010, 08:10 AM

2,957 posts, read 2,908,475 times
Was it dangerous? Yes...but it is a risk I must take to keep my streets safe.

Baiting people into buying drugs or sex is dangerous, but in the end, it is the greater good at sake. I mean this guy L-O-S-T it! What if he lost it on a family of four in a minivan that accidentally cut him off??? I shiver at the thought

I identified the hazard and let him take himself out

Old 07-25-2010, 08:29 AM

12,083 posts, read 38,916,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansProof View Post

Baiting people into buying drugs or sex is dangerous, but in the end, it is the greater good at sake. I mean this guy L-O-S-T it! What if he lost it on a family of four in a minivan that accidentally cut him off??? I shiver at the thought

You were a dick on a public road, and baited somebody into driving recklessly. You didn't keep the roads safe, you made them more dangerous. Said it one will say it again. You were an azzhole, end of story.

Old 07-25-2010, 10:30 AM

19,023 posts, read 26,007,942 times
Well I ride big heavy bikes and know better than to get tangled in a mess like these. I can get mighty disgusted though. Last time, i was in the out skirts of St Louis on some soddam and gormorra Mall Rd posted 45 MPH, and under construction. Every one else was doing 70 mph between traffic lights which i could, but could not stop the trailer I was pulling with the bikes brakes.

Meanwhile some cager is up my tail pipes trying to see what kind of bike i got.

I simply rode to the front of the line in the break down lane, cut in on the first guy stood up, and gave everyone the Royal Bird. The light changed i assumed 45 mph, and no one dared pass me. Went 4 more lights that way.

Dare me, and you could be the reciever of the grand prize, that would be a Remington Flyin Ash Tray.

Old 07-25-2010, 11:19 AM

9,726 posts, read 16,773,375 times
Might be taking it kind of far. It sound you like needlessly instigate people into getting a ticket when they're just minding their own business. Also, half of them might be speeding enough to get a ticket on their own whether you bait them or not, so it's pretty pointless and seems to only serve to make people hate you (and probably keep an eye out for your truck around town!). I prefer to just mind my own business and let other people drive too fast and pay the consequences without my interference. That being said, I also wouldn't warn them of a speed trap, either. But that's a lot different from what you're doing.

Old 07-25-2010, 12:41 PM

8,376 posts, read 30,742,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansProof View Post

This has to be the most idiotic way of applying logic I've ever seen in here.

I'll let someone else judge whether or not you're a "bad" person, but I will say you are a grade-A douchebag.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive