Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2010, 04:00 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,763,499 times

Advertisements

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSmeUMq1RrY

What Valet Drivers really do to your car when you hand them the keys....

Hotel Guests Cars Valet Parking Fail
http://www.youtube.com/
Someone Calling Himself "Valet Underground" Posts Video Abusing Hotel Guests' Cars - Hotel Says They Have Already Fired Valet Company Dec. 15, 2009 - ST. LOUIS, MO (KTVI-FOX2now.com) - The video is being called appalling and unreal. It shows a valet at the Hyatt Hotel in downtown St. Louis...

Last edited by WannaliveinGreenville; 11-13-2010 at 04:09 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2010, 04:59 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,568,864 times
Thats why a valet has never nor will ever get behind the wheel of my car.

Old 11-13-2010, 05:22 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,544,430 times
I noticed that it didn't matter if the car was performance or not. Saw a Ford Focus and Ford Crown Vic among the abused cars.

Old 11-14-2010, 12:22 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,763,499 times
Most of us only have a glimpse of when the Valet driver pulls up and hands us back our car , we don't know what goes on inside that garage but I had to go to the hotel and had to go through valet garage to get to the other side of the hotel..

The Valet drivers would really take the corners , peel out , almost beat the hell out of the car ( because it wasn't theirs ) . I reminded myself why I don't Valet anymore....

Old 11-14-2010, 04:31 PM

1,022 posts, read 2,552,437 times
Valets are also known to go through the car searching for money or other things. I remember one time I went to a restaurant and had valet service, came out and when I was handed my car, looked into the coin tray and all my change (maybe 2 bucks worth) was gone. I will not do valet anymore for these reasons.

Old 11-14-2010, 05:40 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,544,430 times
Our hospital does valet parking. They don't do any of this. The parking lot is monitored by security cameras and is open for everyone to see.

Old 11-14-2010, 05:43 PM

5,019 posts, read 14,119,212 times
LOL .

That's actually some pretty impressive driving...and wouldn't people hear the squealing tires and smell the burning rubber?

Reminds me of my hotel valet story though....

It was the weekend of my daughter's college graduation.

We were staying at a large, name brand hotel.

After the commencement we were heading out to a celebration dinner. It took a loooooong time for the valet to bring the car.

He finally drives up, and walks up to my SO, face red, and stammering and says "Sir....". Yep. He'd side-swiped one of the cement posts in the parking garage. I thought the poor kid would wet his pants.

We held it together, remained calm, and went out to dinner. Over the evening we debated whether or not to tip.

When we returned, the same valet was on duty. We handed over the keys, the car and gave him a tip. He was incredulous. My SO told him he was being tipped, not because of his service, but for his honesty and his bravery.

We made a point of telling the hotel management that we were actually impressed by the young man's handling of the incident. It would have been soooo easy for him to lie and to say that he found the car that way, or that one of the other valets must have been responsible.

The hotel paid for all damages, the car was as good as new after a day or two at the body shop, and all was well for us.

I hope that young valet kept his job and I hope he goes on to lead an honest and productive life.

Old 11-14-2010, 05:56 PM

7,284 posts, read 16,692,569 times
I give rentals to the valets all the time. Not sure what happens to them from there, but they've always come back in one piece (I think).

My own car is rarely valet parked, except at my favorite restaurant. The valets know me by name, I tip well, and they park my car right at the front door of the restaurant so I don't have to wait. I can see the lot from the building anyway.

Old 11-14-2010, 06:14 PM

1,963 posts, read 5,625,014 times
here in LA it's hard to avoid valet since street parking is very limited during peak evening hours. The worst I've had were a couple door dings that I didn't notice until the next day. My dad's friend who indulges his midlife crisis with Maserati's and Aston-Martin's actually tips the valet guy Before to ensure no dents or scratches.

Old 11-14-2010, 06:14 PM

24,480 posts, read 26,021,800 times
Looks like the video is a partial rerun from a previous thread.

//www.city-data.com/forum/autom...park-your.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive