Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 07:48 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,541,384 times

Advertisements

Drove past our local Chevrolet dealership yesterday. They had two Cruzes on the lot, both fully loaded models. In person, the appearance of the regular Cruze is rather bland. With the RS appearance package, the look is a bit sportier. A bland look doesn't necessarily mean it's going to fail. Just look at the Corolla for example. Because these were loaded models, they both had leather seats. Pretty good comfort. The dash pieces were very tight and felt nice. When I sat in the driver's seat, I adjusted the seat for my height (5' 5" tall) and then got into the back seat. My knees brushed the seatback. The passenger front seat was all the way back and it's seatback nearly touched the back seat. This is pretty common among compact sedans. The trunk was huge for it's class. When I'm ready for another car, the Cruze is on my list of vehicles to check out. I do like the styling of the Kia Forte better as well as it's warranty. The Cruze has better MPG and feels more solid. This Chevy feels leaps and bounds higher in quality than either the Cavalier, Cobalt, or the previous two versions of the Malibu, one of which I'm currently driving. From what I've seen, if you're in the market for a fuel efficient compact sedan, this model looks to be a very good competitor to the Toyota Corolla. The Cruze comes with a 5 year/100,000 mile warranty. I'd prefer it to be like Hyundai's 10 year/100,000 mile warranty since I don't reach the 100,000 mile within five years. I bought my 2003 Malibu in 2004 with 37,000 miles and I'm currently at 76,000 miles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2010, 08:13 AM

7,780 posts, read 21,886,219 times
yea the cruze looks like a fine compact car... Rather have that 100 times over then a Kia.. No matter how good the warranty is..

Old 10-15-2010, 08:27 AM

968 posts, read 2,625,380 times
a co-worker of mind just bought the forte coupe, that is one bad little car, i like it a lot.

i agree with you that the cruze has very tame styling, but when compared to the cobalt and the impala, it is the perfect progression of the brand image, not too sporty, but not too blah either.

Old 10-15-2010, 08:32 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,707,466 times
I haven't seen in one in person yet, but will try to check it out. From what I've seen so far I wish they had made the styling a little more "fun". I know that isn't necessarily the point of this car, but look at what Ford has done with the Focus and Fiesta and what Mazda does with the Mazda 3, interesting designs and capable cars to boot.

Old 10-15-2010, 08:32 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,541,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orincarnia View Post
a co-worker of mind just bought the forte coupe, that is one bad little car, i like it a lot.

i agree with you that the cruze has very tame styling, but when compared to the cobalt and the impala, it is the perfect progression of the brand image, not too sporty, but not too blah either.
If you think about it, the Cruze is the evolution of the Vega. First came the Vega, then renamed the Monza. Then came Cavalier and Cobalt. In terms of quality of interior, it's leaps and bounds above the past models. Past models tried to be sporty. Only one with real performance was the Cobalt SS. It's possible that Chevy will have a performance version in the future but it doesn't really need it.

Old 10-15-2010, 10:15 AM

5,994 posts, read 20,100,903 times
I'd go with the forte myself but the cruze is decent too.

Old 10-15-2010, 10:36 AM

2,497 posts, read 7,480,055 times
Cruze, still not impressed with GM. It will be another Cobalt, 2 years down the road rattling dash pieces etc etc. I'd take the Forte, Civic, Corolla, Focus over the Cruze any day. Unimpressed.

Old 10-15-2010, 11:16 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,707,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc76 View Post
Cruze, still not impressed with GM. It will be another Cobalt, 2 years down the road rattling dash pieces etc etc. I'd take the Forte, Civic, Corolla, Focus over the Cruze any day. Unimpressed.
If you're willing to roll the dice on something like a Forte, it's kind of foolish to pan the Cruze based on it's predecessors. Even if they weren't the best in build quality, at least they were generally reliable.

Old 10-15-2010, 01:54 PM

2,497 posts, read 7,480,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGOAT View Post
If you're willing to roll the dice on something like a Forte, it's kind of foolish to pan the Cruze based on it's predecessors. Even if they weren't the best in build quality, at least they were generally reliable.
I hear ya, but GM just keeps changing names of models and revamping them. I bet the actual components are about the same. It would take a good 10 years of me watching GM and their so called better built cars to ever trust them again.

Old 10-15-2010, 02:01 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,330,060 times
I am just thinkng the chevy Cruze will have to compete against the Re-vamped all new 2011 ford focus which is supposed to be an awsome car.

I have always been a GM/ford guy but man I have to say ford has got their stuff together and building some really great cars and trucks right now. With this new focus coming in Re-vamped for 2011 that gives them a great compact car to go head to head with the honda civic and I just do see the cruze on the same level competing against the focus or the civic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive