Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 12:55 AM

23,223 posts, read 29,051,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHDave View Post
I see no problem at all with you getting a ticket, your crossing a travel lane at a 90 degree angle, there's a stop sign plain as day, makes more sense than having a yield sign there. Why is it everyone that gets a ticket isn't at fault.
Why? Silly question! We get tired of being a robot, and we occasionally, lapse into being a human being! And the U.S. is not a good country to have human moments.

Compassion is all too rare in this country!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2011, 09:20 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericmrtt View Post
Exactly what I'm trying to do rbohm. The sign being there in the first place is my defense.
the location of the sign is not relevant. the state can put up a stop sign where ever they want, with in reason. if you are going to challenge the sign in anyway, it has to be due to height, reflectivity, and other specifications. if the sign is with in specs set by the state, then you have no case.

Old 08-31-2011, 09:24 AM

10,926 posts, read 22,000,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
And stupidity, ignorance, and self entitlement are all too common.

Old 08-31-2011, 09:27 AM

10,135 posts, read 27,480,869 times
Quote:
. . . And the U.S. is not a good country to have human moments.

you're kidding, right? The US is the most compassionate generous place on earth. I can't stand people who would denigrate their own country without the first clue as to how lucky they have it.

Old 08-31-2011, 05:06 PM

488 posts, read 554,943 times
Quote:
Why? Silly question! We get tired of being a robot, and we occasionally, lapse into being a human being! And the U.S. is not a good country to have human moments.

What is funny about your comment is that for every one person that receives a ticket, there are several more that only get verbal warnings. There is a local town where the residents bitched up and down about how all their police department did was pull everybody over and give everyone speeding tickets for revenue. The department released its statistics on traffic contacts and showed that 1/3 of people stopped received tickets. So for every one person that received a ticket, two more got warnings. Less than half of the tickets were for speeding. Did it make a difference? Not really... nobody paid attention and everyone is still convinced that's all they do, and some have gone as far as to say the statistics are a lie.

Why is it that it seems that nobody gets any mercy? Because nobody starts a thread to talk about how they were stopped and only got a warning. When it comes to law enforcement people overwhelmingly focus on the negative aspect. To an extent it is a good thing to monitor law enforcement with a skeptical eye to prevent corruption and wrong doing, but it gets out of hand. Sometimes it gets to the point where you hear extreme views about how ALL law enforcement officers are corrupt and skirt the law, and that's no good. Those people are here on this forum, and some probably are in this thread. People need to hear the good side of things, too, so they know that they can trust 99.99999% of officers out there whenever they need help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson513 View Post
you're kidding, right? The US is the most compassionate generous place on earth. I can't stand people who would denigrate their own country without the first clue as to how lucky they have it.
I see a lot of self haters in this forum, and it's sad. I see so many people make sweeping, false, comments about their own country and the people in it. I wonder who they compare us to, and who has convinced them that they, and we, are so terrible.

Old 08-31-2011, 06:08 PM

6,981 posts, read 10,951,875 times
This thread is getting ridiculous. A guy got a ticket that he deserves, and instead of admitting that he made a mistake, he's whining about it, claiming it isn't legitimate, etc. The ticket is perfectly legitimate, as are most tickets that are given out (and I've gotten a few myself).

Old 08-31-2011, 06:27 PM

23,223 posts, read 29,051,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson513 View Post
There's 40-50 million people in this country without health coverage. How compassionate is that!!!

Old 08-31-2011, 07:00 PM

10,135 posts, read 27,480,869 times
Quote:
There's 40-50 million people in this country without health coverage. How compassionate is that!!!
There are 40 to 50 million people who are too lazy, addicted or dishonest to have gotten a job to make enough money to pay for their own health care so the rest of us have undertaken to provide it for them so that no person is denied access to health care through community clinic, public hospitals and Medicaid. But do takers like you say thank you? No, you whine about what you were not given today.

BTW, why don't you learn the difference between health care and health insurance. Everyone gets health care, not everyone has health insurance.

Old 08-31-2011, 07:25 PM

934 posts, read 1,939,062 times
Quote:

He's more than welcome to his 'human moment'. It will only cost ~ $300.00

Old 08-31-2011, 09:59 PM

2,182 posts, read 5,438,973 times
This is still going on?

Do you guys know what these problems are called? First world problems. You get to pay for your mistakes with money. Don't take that for granted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive