Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 07:57 PM

4,237 posts, read 24,787,024 times

Advertisements

You could check out MTX's Thunderform line. They specialize in making speaker enclosures with sub(s), with or without amp, especially designed to fit specific vehicles w/o sacrificing trunk room. Their motto used to be "turn wasted space into bass".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2012, 09:28 AM

2,664 posts, read 5,637,590 times
What you guys think about rims for a white car: 20' chrome or chrome with black cap? I usually like regular chrome, but it seems a white color car might absorb the chrome wheel so it doesn't stand out as much as it would on a darker color car so I was thinking the black element will solve this.

Old 01-27-2012, 10:05 AM

120 posts, read 672,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OleSchoolFool View Post
This is kinda off topic again, but:
I got a sub box with two 12' Kickers. It's pretty big and even though my trunk has 21' cubic ft of space, I have to take it out every time when I move big bags or suitcases so it gets annoying after a while cuz it's real heavy. Is there a way to put these subs into place without a box or any other way to solve this?
The enclosure behind the subs is a form of their function. You might as well be asking if you can remove the wheels from a car and have it still work!

You have options:

1> buy free air subs and install them on the rear deck. The will not perform nearly as well as what you have now but will free up space

2> buy a semi custom (as previously mentioned, or a JL audio stealthbox) or custom box that doesn't get as much in the way

3> remove them

Old 01-28-2012, 08:58 AM

Can a sub box be built for these dimensions-25' wide, 15' tall, 17' depth? The minimum width for a dual sub box that I saw was 28'. I realize less than that would be hard, however if someone builds and maybe tilts or angles the subs a certain way, would it work? Would it work with a fiberglass box or too small of a space

Old 01-28-2012, 09:03 AM

And also, while we are on the subject of car audio, I got Alpine cde 102, and for some reason it doesn't play some of the mp3 files from the usb stick. I tried several sticks of different gb sizes so it's def the stereo. I checked out the specific files that it did not play, and there was nothing weird about them, and they played fine on the computer. I don't understand this, and it's really annoying cuz usb gives the best quality for car stereos so that's all I use now. Anyone know anything about this?

Old 01-28-2012, 09:43 AM

120 posts, read 672,001 times
each subwoofer has specifications about how much air space is supposed to be behind it in the box. As long as that specification is met, it doesn't matter much what the dimensions of the box are.

Old 01-28-2012, 11:03 AM

Is the mounting depth of the sub supposed to correspond to the mounting death of the box? For example, the sub's depth lists is 6-1/4" and the box-8-1/2". Do these fit? Any other aspects that need to be looked at when matching a box with the sub or pretty much every 12' box will hold 12' subs?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive