Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Most overrated car brand
BMW 72 20.51%
Audi 11 3.13%
Volkswagen 18 5.13%
Mercedes-Benz 60 17.09%
Ford 4 1.14%
Cadillac 28 7.98%
Chevrolet 13 3.70%
Hyundai/Kia 14 3.99%
Toyota 52 14.81%
Honda 25 7.12%
Lexus 33 9.40%
Infiniti 6 1.71%
Acura 9 2.56%
Lincoln 6 1.71%
Voters: 351. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 09:31 AM

3,128 posts, read 6,532,965 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkrajenke View Post
BMW for sure. They seem to be the typical 'little man' car or the ******* who is going to college on mom and dads dime to just get drunk, party, and sleep with anything that walks past him. They have a lot of good technology in them but when I drove a 545i I did not like it one bit. The interior felt kind of cheap and the driving was way too bumpy. I know it is supposed to be a 'sports car' but it did not feel like one at all and the steering was hard as hell, made me wonder if power steering was even included.

Next experience with BMW is my uncle's 7 series. 2011 BMW 765i. Very nice the nighvision is cool, all the other electronics are nice and work perfectly. The one thing I can not stand is that damn iDrive thing! Who decided that most common controls should be controlled by a weird joy stick that is impossible to use or operate. You are not supposed to use a cell phone while driving how can you take your eyes off the road to operate a damn knob to turn on the A/C?

MB vehicles newer ones seem to have gotten better in quality I know the E and S classes of the 90s were plagued with problems while the 80s tanks still run just fine.

Last would Toyota. Who ever thinks that driving a jellybean that shows you how much gas you saved is something to brag about has something wrong with them. Always seems like Prius owners are glued to that display almost like they are expecting a pat on the shoulder from god.

Lexus will go in hand with Toyota. Why would I pay thousands more for the same car just with leather seats and a L sticker on it?
'''

Please tell me you ride horses to Wal-Mart b/c this is one absurd hateful ridiculous post.

Please PLEASE do not have a license.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2012, 12:12 PM

2,256 posts, read 4,496,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWatson13 View Post
'''

Please tell me you ride horses to Wal-Mart b/c this is one absurd hateful ridiculous post.

Please PLEASE do not have a license.
+1000. He must be 13yo to not realize the excitment of 40-50-60mpg while driving the same places as others getting 10-30 mpg is in the pocket, not in a pat on the shoulder from anyone. And that you DON'T have to look down at the iDrive knob to use. All the rest is just as ridiculous.

Old 06-08-2012, 08:39 PM

25,842 posts, read 16,522,667 times
I get a kick out of this poll. Mercedes Benz 22 votes and anyone with a brain knows they are the best care made or ever made.

Old 06-08-2012, 08:45 PM

4,472 posts, read 17,696,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I get a kick out of this poll. Mercedes Benz 22 votes and anyone with a brain knows they are the best care made or ever made.
I think someone's been drinking too much Kool-aid! Mercedes makes decent vehicles but not even close to being the best ever made...not even remotely close!

Old 06-09-2012, 01:20 AM

54 posts, read 108,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yowps3 View Post
Exactly my point of view! I've driven many different cars and BMW and other Germans are overrated..

Their engines aren't smooth, interiors are not good, average build quality and they have issues with reliability down the road..

And one thing doing 60mph in a BMW feels like 50mph.. I think BMW advanced their speedometers by 5-10mph..

Honestly go drive a V6 Canty and I guarantee you'll be very surprised by how quick it is and how good the engine is.. Velvety smooth & unruffled..
LOl, at all the BMW haters. Is BMW more high maintenance than say a Honda or Toyata, yes it is. But, can you drive it over 200,000 miles or even over 300,000 miles with regular scheduled maintenance, yes you can. The maintenance will be more than your average Honda or Toyota but the sheer joy in driving the car is worth it in my book. Just, look at the BMW forums with members driving cars with over 200,000 miles and going.

And to say that their engines aren't smooth , this proves that you've never even driven a BMW. I mean come on, just drive their inline 6 and then their v8 and don't tell me the engine's not smooth.
Just look at the McLaren F1 engine, it's BMW V12.
Please stop posting nonsense unless you back it up. And what the heck is a V6 Canty, I hope you weren't comparing a V6 Camry.

Old 06-10-2012, 01:28 AM

3,565 posts, read 7,977,924 times
I finally had to choose Lincoln in this thread. But even then, they are what they are. If somebody wants a prettied-up, slightly more-refined version of a Ford Fusion or Taurus, or in other words a basic American luxury car, so be it.

As for the folks voting for the average Asian brands like Toyota, Honda, etc. I agree because with the American cars catching up with them, why buy foreign? Seriously.

And as for people voting for the German brands, I don't agree with you and tend to think people just don't understand them. German cars are my favorite. Mercedes is my #1 favorite.

For some fun (and a serious question), can anybody name any other car companies, besides the big 3 Germans, that are still building all their own transmissions rather than sourcing them from other companies such as Aisin, etc.?

Old 06-10-2012, 08:28 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,098,118 times
Land Rover. Hands down. Ask any owner.

Old 06-10-2012, 08:30 AM

21,738 posts, read 28,070,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkrajenke View Post
the driving was way too bumpy. I know it is supposed to be a 'sports car' but it did not feel like one at all and the steering was hard as hell, made me wonder if power steering was even included.
Ha! You so don't get it.

Drive a Lotus, or Porsche, or even some Ferraris. You'll get that same "hard" steering. It's called feel, buddy, and that's what it's all about.

Old 06-10-2012, 08:31 AM

21,738 posts, read 28,070,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Land Rover. Hands down. Ask any owner.
They are great when they don't break.

Old 06-10-2012, 09:03 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,098,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
They are great when they don't break.
Yup. They look fabulous. Even at the repair shop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive