Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 10:16 PM

2,528 posts, read 2,817,535 times

Advertisements

You can also make a fist around it and puncture with the wire boot end when you smack it with the tip. Both ways will break the hell out of tempered auto glass.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2012, 10:17 PM

Nothing I can't put a key in either....I don't want one of those goofy keys. I want a metal one.

Old 09-20-2012, 10:20 PM

328 posts, read 655,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverboat Gambler View Post
One thing I will never have is auto locking doors. The people that have them love them, and swear by them.....You'll swear alright when you get stuck on a railroad Xing or go into the river with those SOBs locked when you don't want them to be and all your electrical componets short out on impact. You can't kick out a window under water either. You'll need a spark plug or one of those hammers. I also carry a spark plug just in case. Throw that sucker as hard as you can at the window. It will break. Criminals in the hood have been doing it for years to break into cars.

Quit driving into rivers....you wanna help me write the next final destination ? I think you just gave me a great death scene idea.

Old 09-20-2012, 10:20 PM

1,037 posts, read 3,163,318 times
I usually connect 2 wires to start the cars..... different cars at different lots. Works well, sometimes until they catch me.

Old 09-20-2012, 10:21 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,201,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
Pushbutton start seemed gimmicky to me at first. But I like how our Infiniti M35 recognizes the keys in my pocket and allows me to unlock the car and start it without removing the keys.
It's still gimmicky if you ask me. I have keyless entry/keyless start in one of my cars (though I still have to twist a plastic shroud over the ignition keyhole rather than push a button) and I just don't see the benefit versus the cost and complexity. And now thieves are starting to figure out how to get the key code from the ECU and and program a blank. Smash a window, plug a key programmer into the OBDII port, program a blank key, and they're gone in a couple minutes.

Old 09-20-2012, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
It's still gimmicky if you ask me. I have keyless entry/keyless start in one of my cars (though I still have to twist a plastic shroud over the ignition keyhole rather than push a button) and I just don't see the benefit versus the cost and complexity. Plus now thieves have learned that in some marques they can get the key code from the OBDII port and program a blank. Smash a window, plug a key programmer into the OBDII port, program a blank key, and they're gone in a couple minutes.
Dont be smashin on OBDII....I gained 90+ hp from that port !!

Old 09-20-2012, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drawk04 View Post
Quit driving into rivers....you wanna help me write the next final destination ? I think you just gave me a great death scene idea.
My friends grandpa stalled on a railroad Xing when we were kids and his seatbelt jammed. He died....I am always prepared and carry a knife too.

Old 09-20-2012, 10:32 PM

290 posts, read 922,149 times
As far as forgetting to roll up windows. Most newer cars, if not all, allow you to roll them up from the outside of the vehicle.

Old 09-20-2012, 10:34 PM

A very odd tragedy, Im sorry to hear that.

Old 09-20-2012, 10:47 PM

5,994 posts, read 20,093,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drawk04 View Post
A very odd tragedy, Im sorry to hear that.
It's like the guy who was eaten by a bear because he was dressed in a salmon suit. Unfortunate but unlikely to be repeated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive