Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2012, 01:53 AM

3,102 posts, read 5,616,985 times

Advertisements

Today the far East of Russia acquires more cars than the whole of Europe. In Europe closed factories in the far East of Russia on the contrary are being built all the new plants of the European and Asian cars. Manufacturers of European and Asian auto say, that the far East covers all losses of the European market.While the cars in Russia, with its customs costs 2-3 times more expensive than it is in the manufacturer.How do You think why this is happening. Because Russian auto is not popular, less reliable? If I lived in Japan know exactly what changed the car every 3 months, though, and here many people do that.
As is the case in America in Canada with this? I know that In America there are a lot of good American cars. As I came on a review about Moscow from the American. He said that the Russians prefer to go at large is not cost-effective auto .чем the subway. Although the metro in Russia is more suitable for people (pure and light) is known to All that the Russians love fast driving on the car, as with those in other countries?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2012, 05:12 AM

3,463 posts, read 5,659,395 times
Corruption.

Russia is like Florida, but a whole country's worth, instead of just a state

Old 09-28-2012, 05:32 AM

3,102 posts, read 5,616,985 times
No, at what here Corruption. How much I know myself always use the or German, or Japanese cars and for 7 years I have changed more than 25 cars(17 to be exact. as the others I had brought for sale), not because it is bad, because I wanted to buy another. But I have a car which does not sell and just 7 years with me as Lоve. Japanese auto better than the Russian, and in the far East it is cheaper to buy the Asian auto. In America the same independent of the region?Why do people think if I go to мерседессе or the Prado bought because I'm in corruption? Agree if the climate you have severe that you buy or SUV or at least a car with 4 WD.This year should be to build a factory the joint Russia with Japan in the far East for the production of Toyota land Cruiser, the Prado and the Reno.But there was such a case when Putin moved officials with the Mercedes on the Volga. The mayor of Vladivostok office auto price of about $ 400 thousand. Now Volga lol. Although I doubt that he rides on the Volga river

Last edited by GreyKarast; 09-28-2012 at 06:01 AM..

Old 09-28-2012, 08:52 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,812,184 times
The increased purchasing power Russians have is giving the world a new market for automobiles, nothing new, happens in every country that crosses the threshold of purchasing power to the point of being able to afford a car. Russia has the largest PPP of the BRICs, so of course they are going to attract one of the most notable items of a wealthy economy, personal automobile ownership.

Russia provides an outlet for many used cars from Japan and Europe (mainly Germany), thus helps support the used market in these countries. Germany if I recall actually has a used car buyback program due to emissions (or did have), and many of these cars were not actually junked, but sold to Russia and Central Asian republics (so much for reducing emissions, but again, I may not be correct about the program). Russia is also a large market for American big rigs, I really thought it was odd looking seeing so many in Russia, as everywhere else has the European looking ones.

I think Russia has now, or is going to, ban the import of right hand drive cars, I know some Central Asian republics have done this already.

factories are being built in Russia, this is probably part of deals to avoid the high taxes on imports, but Russia's WTO entry is going to impact this strategy.

Old 09-28-2012, 11:37 PM

243 posts, read 547,492 times
In Russia, Car Owners Heading to German and Japanese Dealerships | Nielsen Wire

Quote:
When it comes to cars, Mercedes, Toyota and BMW are on the minds of Russian drivers. Those three brands led the pack in terms of brand recognition in a recent Nielsen survey of Russian car owners. The study, which rated Russia’s most popular car manufacturers, also sought to identify the extent to which a manufacturer’s country of origin influences brand loyalty.

Those top three brands scored 64, 63 and 61 percent in terms of unprompted brand mention, beating Russian car maker LADA (57%) and Nissan (51%), which rounded out the top.

When it comes to country of origin, Japan leads the pack in terms of brand loyalty, as 88 percent of people who own Japanese-made cars intend to stick with a Japanese model for their next purchase. LADA and other Russian manufacturers did not fare as well, as only one-third of Russian-made car owners intend to stick with a domestic brand for their next purchase. For alternatives, many are looking to Germany and Korea, but Japanese brands remain the most desired for Russian car owners.

Reliability and quality top the list in terms of what to look for in a car (66%), with price (58%) and fuel efficiency (51%) hot on the trail.
Motor-vehicle inspection (Japan) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
As vehicles get older, maintaining them to the required standards can become expensive. Most Japanese do not get involved in mechanical repairs, and as a result, mechanics can charge high prices.[citation needed] Vehicles which cannot pass inspection are not permitted on public roads. Unwanted vehicles must be exported or destroyed and recycled. Many Japanese used vehicles are exported once it is no longer cost-effective to keep them in service in Japan.
Strict maintenance standard laws resulted in large numbers of used Japanese cars exported to Russia, and Africa. Consumers found them to be reliable, robust, and fuel efficient. There are still large numbers of 1980's Toyota Landcruisers roaming sub-Saharan Africa.

Old 09-28-2012, 11:48 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,524,892 times
They need strong vehicles to survive crashes with Vodka soaked drivers.

Old 04-21-2014, 02:40 AM

258 posts, read 230,050 times
East of Russia had so many rhd cars at some point they were seriously considering making their traffic drive on the left. That is because nearby Japan sold their awesome used cars for next to nothing. And Japanese always kept the best for themselves so these were true JDM cars with best of everything. The were imported by a boatload into Vladivostok. This has been happening since before Iron Curtain went down. European cars weren't nearly as popular, including Russian cars.

I remember maybe 10 years ago when Russian lawmakers wanted to prohibit rhd cars. There were basically riots and demonstration in East Russia. European Russia doesn't have much rhd anymore. I was in St. Petersburg last year and saw a handful of them, most were survivors from the 90s.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive