Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2012, 07:32 PM

19,113 posts, read 27,717,434 times

Advertisements

I need to filter.
I just came across this:
k2motor.com/wheel-stopper-park-assist-300mm-2pc-set.html

That is priced at $22 after discount.

Let's make some business. I'll sell you 2 pieces of 2 x 2, with shaved/rounded edges on one side, and exactly same function (optional 2 x 4 and 4 x 4 for pickup trucks) for $10.

Any takers?

PS Is general driving public really that dumb to buy something like this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2012, 07:50 PM

5,994 posts, read 20,150,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
I need to filter.
I just came across this:
k2motor.com/wheel-stopper-park-assist-300mm-2pc-set.html

That is priced at $22 after discount.

Let's make some business. I'll sell you 2 pieces of 2 x 2, with shaved/rounded edges on one side, and exactly same function (optional 2 x 4 and 4 x 4 for pickup trucks) for $10.

Any takers?

PS Is general driving public really that dumb to buy something like this?
Maybe they want a more polished looking product? I certainly wouldn't spend the money. When we turned my mothers first floor garage/basement into two rental units which only left room for a one car garage (just big enough for a 2006 Nissan Maxima which is fairly lengthy), we screwed down some 2x4's so she knows when to stop and that was it.

Old 01-01-2013, 05:22 AM

5,467 posts, read 6,099,042 times
I did the same thing when my wife's old accord kept hitting the water heater in the garage. (Stupid place for a water heater, but that's another thread possibility.)
At first I stuck a 2x4 to the floor, but too much opportunity for tripping when the car was out and about. I finally settled on a string hanging from the ceiling. Attached to the string was a blue racketball with a hole in it. I tied the string in a knot and adjusted it to the height of the windshield. She drove in until she bumped the ball then stopped. Never replaced another water heater.

Old 01-01-2013, 07:22 AM

1,567 posts, read 3,122,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getatag View Post
I did the same thing when my wife's old accord kept hitting the water heater in the garage. (Stupid place for a water heater, but that's another thread possibility.)
At first I stuck a 2x4 to the floor, but too much opportunity for tripping when the car was out and about. I finally settled on a string hanging from the ceiling. Attached to the string was a blue racketball with a hole in it. I tied the string in a knot and adjusted it to the height of the windshield. She drove in until she bumped the ball then stopped. Never replaced another water heater.
Wow. I like this!!!

Old 01-01-2013, 10:24 AM

19,113 posts, read 27,717,434 times
yep. glad we have some sane folks here. string with tennis ball is unbeatable laser guide for any driver. cutting edge technology.
isn't it amazing how ignorant and lacking any independent thinking people are, to be fed with "devices" like that stopper? you want it more polished? heck, wrap 2x4 into aluminum foil. or Christmas paper. even your favorite football team paper. attach baby bicycle air horn to it to give you "auditory feedback".

Old 01-01-2013, 06:27 PM

6,255 posts, read 17,136,404 times
Some of the solutions you guys are coming up with won't work for all people. If you have a standard 2 car garage and drive 2 cars that always stay in the same spot, then sure, tennis ball or 2x4 works fine.

People that have tandem garages, and are always juggling car spots around, this is easier to use and move if necessary. For example, we have a 3 car tandem (think standard two car, but then add another space in front of one of the cars.) If I park an SUV in the front tandem spot, I can pull far forward because it sits high enough for the front bumper to clear the front concrete platform, which is about 6 inches high. If I drive any of the sports cars, I have to park further back, because they sit too low to be able to clear it.

We ended up getting one of those electronic parking sensor things, which tells us when to stop for the sports cars, the SUV we can pull forward until the wheels hit the concrete step if needed, so we just ignore the lights for the SUV's, telling us we're too close.

Old 01-01-2013, 06:33 PM

5,994 posts, read 20,150,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MckinneyOwnr View Post
Some of the solutions you guys are coming up with won't work for all people. If you have a standard 2 car garage and drive 2 cars that always stay in the same spot, then sure, tennis ball or 2x4 works fine.

People that have tandem garages, and are always juggling car spots around, this is easier to use and move if necessary. For example, we have a 3 car tandem (think standard two car, but then add another space in front of one of the cars.) If I park an SUV in the front tandem spot, I can pull far forward because it sits high enough for the front bumper to clear the front concrete platform, which is about 6 inches high. If I drive any of the sports cars, I have to park further back, because they sit too low to be able to clear it.

We ended up getting one of those electronic parking sensor things, which tells us when to stop for the sports cars, the SUV we can pull forward until the wheels hit the concrete step if needed, so we just ignore the lights for the SUV's, telling us we're too close.
Exactly. Unfortunately there are far too many people out there that feel the need to criticize others purchases in a failed effort to make themselves feel better or greater than others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive