Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 12:29 PM

5,251 posts, read 14,248,351 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha_1976 View Post
Really! Give him a break.
He has a point. OP has all ready talked with his insurance company, and they told him what to expect, how could any of us give him any better information?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2013, 12:38 PM
C8N

1,119 posts, read 3,227,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me007gold View Post
He has a point. OP has all ready talked with his insurance company, and they told him what to expect, how could any of us give him any better information?
Nonetheless... the OP was just involved in an accident and from the sound of it... probably the OP's first.
Little sensitivity goes a long way.

Old 03-07-2013, 12:41 PM

2,573 posts, read 3,503,431 times
Quote:

I'd still inquire around even if my insurance co. tells me what they are going to do. it doesn't hurt to just ask around be updated on the issue.

Old 03-07-2013, 12:45 PM

1,242 posts, read 3,480,173 times
Was there a police report?

As far as the key not coming out, most likely, the car thinks its in gear still. Could be the fact its still in gear, shift linkage came loose/off or got bent.

Old 03-07-2013, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha_1976 View Post
I'd still inquire around even if my insurance co. tells me what they are going to do. it doesn't hurt to just ask around be updated on the issue.
Why would you belive what someone tells you on the internet over what your own insurance company tells you?

Old 03-07-2013, 12:59 PM

2,573 posts, read 3,503,431 times
Quote:
Why would you belive what someone tells you on the internet over what your own insurance company tells you?

Did I say I'd believe "all" the crap I hear on internet? It's easy to figure out what may or may not work for someone in a particular situation. If you gain nothing all you loose is just a few minutes of your precious time that you spent in typing. Most times you learn something particularly if it is first time. I'd be nervous too if it was hit and run considering I have never been stopped by a policeman, never had any citation, never called my insurance co so far and never had any accident of any kind. So if something happens someday you may see a thread from me too

Old 03-07-2013, 01:54 PM

1,339 posts, read 3,466,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpasa View Post
I was driving through an intersection and somebody hit me at a right angle. Their car had less damage than mine but had to be towed also. I failed to get their name/info because they left.
What? How?

Old 03-07-2013, 10:43 PM

5,696 posts, read 19,144,742 times
I think it may depend if you are in a no-fault state. I had an accident in my prior state that is no-fault. My ins. paid for my claim and the other driver's ins. paid for theirs. The accident was my fault. I was in a small town I had never been to before, I was attending a very popular festival and the traffic was nuts. I thought it was a 4 way stop and it wasn't. So I basically pulled right out in front of someone. I was hit broadside. I was young at the time and really didnt understand my policy so I had some hard lessons to learn.

1. Broadside collision has a different deductible. (it was more)
2. I didnt have GAP ins. (it wasnt required at that time). So the ins. gave me 2k less than what I owed on my loan plus the deductible. I was 2,500 in the hole and no longer had a car.
3. I was given a hefty ticket because the accident was my fault.
4. My passenger wanted to sue me for 25k for a scratch on her leg. (she later dropped the suit)

I was injured but not too badly but I was out of commission for 2 weeks. Glad you were not hurt OP.

Old 03-09-2013, 12:34 PM

3,528 posts, read 6,530,477 times
I've decided that my car is totaled. I may have to "sign the title over to the insurance." How do you physically do this - do I just mail the title (or a copy) to the insurance?

Will I have to contact the DMV to tell them the car is gone or will my insurance do that?

Last edited by robertpasa; 03-09-2013 at 12:36 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 03-09-2013, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpasa View Post
I've decided that my car is totaled. I may have to "sign the title over to the insurace." How do you physically do this - do I just mail the title (or a copy) to the insurance?
You've decided? How did you come to that decision? What did your ins company have to say about that? IF it is totaled, you will sign the title, and fedex/ups it to your insurance company
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive