Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2013, 09:09 PM

8 posts, read 44,293 times

Advertisements

Cardiff Giant, Yes I'm planning on buying another car. I will start looking and still haven't narrowed down on anything yet.

AstonMartinNY, I had the same feeling about the CR-V when driving back to the dealership. It has a very bad road noise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2013, 10:29 AM

799 posts, read 2,441,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfredB1979 View Post
Yeah, okay. All a lender cares about is the creditworthiness of the buyer in question. They will pay the dealer and the car and the ability to garnish OP's wages are all theirs as stated in the loan agreement. I don't believe banks do drama these days of what you are suggesting.

Im not suggesting it. I did it personally when I worked in auto finance.

Old 06-06-2013, 10:49 AM

6,039 posts, read 6,056,289 times
What a nightmare customer.

Please people...do your homework! You aren't buying a vase on Amazon.

Old 06-10-2013, 04:19 PM

8,695 posts, read 11,084,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenCo View Post

The car is still parked in a closed garage and I'm not driving it yet. I have sent a hand written mail to Colorado department of Revenue enforcement group and an electronic mail to BBB (not expecting much here). The Revenue dept takes about 10 days to get going.

also try Honda North America. They are VERY receptive on how dealers carry themselves. When a honda dealer took was suppose to refund a deposit for a very specific car I was looking for & couldn't find it after 4 weeks.......I sent many letters to everyone....honda NA was one of the first to calll me. One day later,I was magically refunded my deposit!

Old 06-10-2013, 05:39 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,798,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxis View Post
Honda has good resale value, drive it for a year or two and then sell it.
This is true. The day we purchased my van, we could have turned around and resold it for 2K more than what we paid for it. Even now over 5 years later, we can get about 15K on a trade in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenCo View Post
I want to thank many of you for your inspirational words and everyone for your comments. It's about four weeks since I made my original purchase and I want to update on the status.

After trying to return the car on the 3'rd day and dealers refusal to take back, I lodged a web complaint on Colorado Attorney Generals office. The response from them was that they do not regulate Auto Industry but Colorado Department of Revenue. They asked me to contact the office of Revenue dept. Accordingly I contacted them and my case was assigned an investigator. Investigation went on for about two weeks mainly asking the dealer for documentation and other stuff.

Finally I got a call from the dealer today after four weeks saying he can "sweeten" my deal. When I said I want to return my car he agreed to it. I'm going to return it today. Previously it was impossible to talk to the dealer over phone or email and now this is happening. The justice has arrived. If the dealer gives you a signed return policy, he has to honor it. Otherwise you know where to go.

Thank you all!!!
Glad it worked out for you!

Old 07-13-2015, 11:42 AM

1 posts, read 722 times
If i were you,i would buy my car out of a junk yard,they do sell used cars,very salvage able,and reasonable prices,i would never go to a dealer,they make a commission on how many vehicles they sell,i love my junk yards,

Old 07-13-2015, 02:11 PM

24,471 posts, read 26,008,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by playercad88 View Post
If i were you,i would buy my car out of a junk yard,they do sell used cars,very salvage able,and reasonable prices,i would never go to a dealer,they make a commission on how many vehicles they sell,i love my junk yards,
^^ You are 2 years too late.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive