Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2013, 04:53 PM

3,703 posts, read 4,852,685 times

Advertisements

My wife has finally taken drivers ed and needs to get her learners now. While everything is still fresh in her head from the class I want to find a large, empty parking lot this weekend so she can practice control of the car and learn where the front corners are. However, I am not a teacher.

Does anybody have any pointers on what we should start with? She doesn't have her learners yet so this will be limited to a parking lot with no other cars.

I'm thinking it is probably best to hold off on parallel parking at this moment until she can control the car. Let her learn it as she gets closer to her drivers test when she should be more familiar with driving.

Any ideas on where I can get a couple cones or is anything else substitutable?
She'll be learning in a fiesta, which unfortunately is like every other modern designed sedan. The rear slopes up and gives ?!$$ poor visibility when backing up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2013, 05:04 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,820,680 times
Parking. Parallel and pulling forward and backward into a spot without crossing the lines and without reversing. This is the part most people flunk when taking their driving test. They never even get on the road. The road part is hard to fail if you have done the required practice. The parking part, I might fail if I did not have my glasses on. It is hard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive