Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 07:39 PM

8,402 posts, read 24,234,009 times

Advertisements

She likes what I think is the Buick Encore, but I can't find out for sure until tomorrow. She likes the nav, camera, leather, >22MPG, etc. She wants my input but I know almost nothing about this type of vehicle. Why should she buy it, or not? What else should she look at in a similar class?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2013, 07:45 PM

2,349 posts, read 5,437,357 times
Check to see if it is due for a complete redesign.

Future Cars, New Concepts, & Upcoming Vehicles - Motor Trend Magazine

Old 08-28-2013, 09:17 PM

Definitely an Encore.

Old 08-28-2013, 09:26 PM

19,037 posts, read 27,614,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxnc View Post
Why should she buy it,
I totally agree. Why? Out of all good small SUTs there, a GM product? Ahhh, she is familiar with the word "reliability"? Combined with the word "issues"?
She ever heard of Honda CR_V? Maybe ain't as pretty, though that is subjective, but pulls easy 27-30 mpg, and has phenomenal AWD system and reliability? Maybe, she heard of a strange company called Subaru, making best symmetrical AWD cars in the world? Or even a Suzuki? Say, a Vitara?
Even KIA now makes more reliable and better looking SUTs than GM.
People, have mercy.... What happened to common sense?

Old 08-28-2013, 09:33 PM

5,717 posts, read 18,932,190 times
I wouldn't put too much stock in the above post. All he's done tonight is spew poison about all cars.

The Buick is the reliability champ for GM. Buick is making some of the best cars that come out of Detroit wearing the GM name plate. It she likes it, she should buy it. It's not the same game anymore at GM, they're making some pretty decent cars these days.
Here's the reviews from folks that actually own one:
https://www.google.com/webhp?source=...3+buick+encore

Old 08-28-2013, 10:28 PM

2,778 posts, read 5,167,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperL View Post
I wouldn't put too much stock in the above post. All he's done tonight is spew poison about all cars.

The Buick is the reliability champ for GM. Buick is making some of the best cars that come out of Detroit wearing the GM name plate. It she likes it, she should buy it. It's not the same game anymore at GM, they're making some pretty decent cars these days.
Here's the reviews from folks that actually own one:
https://www.google.com/webhp?source=...3+buick+encore
After the crappy Buick Rendezvous, I promised not to own more Buick products. Unfortunately the Cadillac SRX was even worst...so I understand previous poster's frustration with GM "reliable" products.

The Encore is made in a former Daewoo plant in Bupyeong, South Korea. It is a very small suv, just a bit bigger than MiniCooper Countyman and a lot smaller than CRV or Rav4. I think it was designed and made for the Chinese market where Buick seems to be doing very well.

I think the best description for it is below:
Quote:
A choppy ride sometimes belies the luxo-feel Buick seeks. On a short patch of very wrinkled asphalt that Test Drive uses, Encore jiggled a bit much. Some commotion is typical on that stretch, but Encore's was enough to remind you that it's a small car with more humble origins than the Buick name implies.
Buick Encore is nice, if you're skinny

Old 08-28-2013, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28173 View Post
After the crappy Buick Rendezvous, I promised not to own more Buick products. Unfortunately the Cadillac SRX was even worst...so I understand previous poster's frustration with GM "reliable" products.

The Encore is made in a former Daewoo plant in Bupyeong, South Korea. It is a very small suv, just a bit bigger than MiniCooper Countyman and a lot smaller than CRV or Rav4. I think it was designed and made for the Chinese market where Buick seems to be doing very well.

I think the best description for it is below:

Buick Encore is nice, if you're skinny
She has been in one and knows about the size. We'll probably drive one Saturday and I'll keep an eye out for the supposedly harsh ride. Her current car is a loaded G37, and I'd be surprised if she wanted to drop much below that in comfort and amenities.

Old 08-29-2013, 03:06 AM

2,861 posts, read 3,852,308 times
Subaru has two SUVs that are worth looking at...if you want AWD and the dealer is nearby.

Old 08-29-2013, 05:50 AM

2,778 posts, read 5,167,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxnc View Post
She has been in one and knows about the size. We'll probably drive one Saturday and I'll keep an eye out for the supposedly harsh ride. Her current car is a loaded G37, and I'd be surprised if she wanted to drop much below that in comfort and amenities.
wow...I cannot imagine someone stepping down from the drivability of the G37 to the Encore...

Old 08-29-2013, 07:39 PM

486 posts, read 832,599 times
Buick is making some nice reliable cars and SUV now a days. Unfortunately from what I have read the encore isn't one of them and it's the first model years so reliability is unknown.

Buy a consumers report mag from the local super market, turn to the list of recommended small-luxury SUV pick 3 or more to test drive and buy the one she likes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive