Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2013, 09:37 AM

792 posts, read 2,880,443 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by npaladin2000 View Post
So I assume they have video evidence to back that up? No? Didn't think so.

Remind me never to move to NYC. I might not even visit there after this one.
I would like to see the earlier video, too, if it exists. Please anyone post if you find it. I didn't see it on youtube.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2013, 10:22 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,184,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBPisgah View Post
The accident and failure to stop happened before the events captured by the video, according to the NYPD.
That's incorrect.
The NYPD laid out the events as reported by the the WSJ and NYPost and other newspapers ... there was only one accident and that involved the brake-check biker, Chris Cruz -- that's why he was arrested and charged.

Old 10-03-2013, 10:44 AM

3,183 posts, read 7,217,896 times
As soon as they touched him he had the right to empty the clip of his 40 cal glock into them and not be charged, Too bad he didn't have one.

Old 10-03-2013, 11:09 AM

792 posts, read 2,880,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
That's incorrect.
The NYPD laid out the events as reported by the the WSJ and NYPost and other newspapers ... there was only one accident and that involved the brake-check biker, Chris Cruz -- that's why he was arrested and charged.
I watched the video I posted again. You are correct and I was mistaken. The NYPD is just describing the events captured film, not a previous encounter like I had thought.

Old 10-03-2013, 12:46 PM

382 posts, read 806,191 times
I'm sure the guy in the Range Rover blew it out of proportion. Maybe the bikers banged on his window to get his attention, to tell him to get out of the way. Now if the bikers intent was to harm the guy and his family, then I 100% support him for running over that group of un-desirables.

Old 10-03-2013, 01:27 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,184,696 times
Yes, I'm sure the 20-30 bikers who stopped and surrounded the SUV on the highway after the fender-bender wanted to see if the SUV occupants were okay. They allegedly slashed/spiked his tires at this time.

Old 10-03-2013, 01:56 PM

3,738 posts, read 5,796,189 times
As the mother of two surgeons, and as someone who sits on boards of directors of medical corporations, I am here to thank these idiots for driving around without helmets.

You see, my Daughter needs a new table for her dining room. Without parts from brain-dead idiots, she might not be able to perform enough transplants to be able to afford the ninety-thousand-Dollar Silkwood & Ebony Regency table from a National Register home in England, that is, currently, her heart's fondest desire. It is hard, finding a table long enough to balance the three massive chandeliers in that room. And time is running out. Please, PLEASE zip around New York like the morons-on-wheels that you are! And do so, please, without helmets. Like the caption says, "Helmets are for ----ies!". So, PLEASE, be a d--k, and go helmetless! You're not worth anything to anybody, 'til you're officially BRAIN DEAD.

Please get yourselves brain-dead, before someone else snaps-up my Daughter's Dream Table!

I just wanted to insert this moment of positivity into an otherwise bleak thread. I think that these guys tearing around at insane speeds on tiny scooters have the right idea! This is the absolute best way to go about recycling! Alive, you're worth NOTHING. But it's a glorious thing, to recycle the parts of people who should never have been born in the first place.

Thank you! And remember: after the table, there's a Robert Adam paneled room, sitting in a warehouse in England, with carvings by Grinling Gibbons, that my Daughter needs desperately, as her Husband's Study, in its present state, is just so blah.

Happy motoring!

Old 10-03-2013, 02:07 PM

3,658 posts, read 2,573,957 times
I hope your daughter gets her table Gloria. Win Win!!!

Old 10-03-2013, 02:14 PM

4,287 posts, read 8,047,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
Yes, I'm sure the 20-30 bikers who stopped and surrounded the SUV on the highway after the fender-bender wanted to see if the SUV occupants were okay. They allegedly slashed/spiked his tires at this time.
"Allegedly"? It's not "alleged" at all. The evidence is there plain as day: http://edge.liveleak.com/80281E/ll_a...ea&ec_rate=230

If the first link didn't work, I am referring to the 2nd picture here: LiveLeak.com - Photos NYC Bikers terrorize family in SUV

Old 10-03-2013, 02:34 PM

1,618 posts, read 2,632,022 times
Maybe they're innocent until proven to have more than 7 rounds in the magazine?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive