Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which would you pick?
Lexus IS250 19 35.19%
Infinity G35 21 38.89%
Volkswagen CC 14 25.93%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2013, 07:33 AM

15,793 posts, read 20,472,889 times

Advertisements

As someone who's maintained both cars...the Infiniti is cheaper to maintain in terms of costs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2013, 08:53 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,330,688 times
Infinity to me is the luxury brand that you buy when you lost a bet. With all that money for a car can they not make them stylish? Those cars look ugly. I like the VW but don't see it as a luxury car at all. Out of the three I would choose the VW.

Old 10-24-2013, 09:31 AM

5,994 posts, read 20,069,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
Infinity to me is the luxury brand that you buy when you lost a bet. With all that money for a car can they not make them stylish? Those cars look ugly. I like the VW but don't see it as a luxury car at all. Out of the three I would choose the VW.
Because many people find them attractive and dont agree at all with your ridiculous sentiment.

Old 10-24-2013, 09:35 AM

10,915 posts, read 31,385,275 times
I don't know that any of the vehicles could be classified as luxury cars. I would not pick the Volkswagen CC, but would pick whichever you liked better between the Lexus and the Infiniti. If it were an IS350, that would make a difference in the recommendation since the Lexus is a tad more reliable than an Infiniti, overall, at least among those I know with Infiniti, not that they are unreliable. Admittedly, I am biased against most Nissans, but that's because of the CVT and horrible Altima rental cars that have clouded my view of the brand.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 10-24-2013, 09:41 AM

2,773 posts, read 5,159,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
Infinity much like Acura is borderline luxury while Lexus is getting closer but targets older audience.
VW CC is the best looking VW out there and while no Audi, if purchase with the VR6 engine (comes with all wheel), it will drive/handle better than the other 2 in this comparison. Plus is heads-and-shoulders better looking that the other 2 in this poll.

I'd prefer an Audi S line or better off a BMW335 for a similar size sports sedan...but that's me.

Old 10-24-2013, 09:54 AM

5,994 posts, read 20,069,075 times
There is no way the CC will drive/handle better than the G35. It just will not happen outside of spending a ton of money on aftermarket suspension components.

Old 10-24-2013, 10:04 AM

157 posts, read 285,001 times
While the Audi and BMW are within the price range, their reliability ratings, especially with Audi is absolutely horrendous. Those cars are ok choices if you're leasing and they're within their warranty period and in BMW's case the no-cost maintenance period but if you're looking for something to buy, I wouldn't choose those.

Old 10-24-2013, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shera11375 View Post
While the Audi and BMW are within the price range, their reliability ratings, especially with Audi is absolutely horrendous. Those cars are ok choices if you're leasing and they're within their warranty period and in BMW's case the no-cost maintenance period but if you're looking for something to buy, I wouldn't choose those.
I speak from experience that this is not the case from either Audi or BMW. I have had more problems with Nissan than with any of the two.

Problems on these cars are most times blown out of proportion by the "sour grapes effect" and bad mechanics who end up making it worst.
Highly engineered products should only be maintained by high skilled people that only use quality components.

If you are a driver who really, really loves driving and unparalleled vehicle handling, there is no replacement for Audi & BMW and in general for German cars. Just think about, all of them have the potential to be driven on Autobahn at over 150 MPH.
How many Japanese. Korean or American cars are designed to handle high speeds???

Old 10-24-2013, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTsLiKeAnEgG View Post
There is no way the CC will drive/handle better than the G35. It just will not happen outside of spending a ton of money on aftermarket suspension components.
I owned a G35X and drove a rental CC (unfortunately not the VR6 with all drive) for a week, and I can tell you CC handled better.
Unfortunately too many have strong opinion about a vehicle they never drove...

Old 10-24-2013, 10:58 AM

4,749 posts, read 4,320,502 times
G35 because the adaptive cruise control for Infiniti (not Infinity) is awesome. But then again, I drive a VW...

Personally, I would like a Acura RDX for 2015 or 2016. Currently only the MDX and RLX have adaptive cruise control, which is a necessary feature for my next car. I think Infiniti, Acura, and Audi have the best ACC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive